Built for tweed

hewey

Built for tweed

Postby hewey » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Okay so the short version of this story is I built up this bike for the tweed ride and spent the whole weekend holed up on the couch with a cold >:(

It's a genuine Dyno Roadster. I've seen one other in Australia in the metal, so they're a pretty rare beast. Although the claimed 'good condition' required a rebuilt bottom end and head stem :rolleyes:

First stop was stripping off all the crap I didn't want. The guards and everything just look too busy and overpower the clean lines of the frame IMHO. I wanted more of Pashley vibe so added some cream tyres and a rack to carry a vintage picnic basket for our morning tea on the tweed ride.

But the rack by itself didnt pass muster so I fab'd up some timber slats for it. First up I made some steel supports which were painted black, and the slats were bolted to them.

If you want an idea of how long this bike is, look at the angle of the seat tube, and the distance between the bottom bracket and the seat tube base!

elStado

Re: Built for tweed

Postby elStado » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:27 am

Looks uncomfortable.
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA

hewey

Postby hewey » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:05 am

Its actually really comfortable to ride and is great for a level bikepath or similar - it is a beach cruiser after all :wink: She's not so good up hills :lol:

18htan

Postby 18htan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:02 pm

hewey wrote:It's a genuine Dyno Roadster. I've seen one other in Australia in the metal, so they're a pretty rare beast.
I have 3 of them... :roll: