West Australian Inside cover article

cricetidae

Postby cricetidae » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:05 pm

I see that the unbiased and totally impartial West Australian had another article today (Wednesday 13/02) concerning cyclists/pedestrians and shared pathways.

The original point of the article was that some cyclists aren't obeying the new temp sign that has been placed on either side of the causeway tunnel and admittedly they are in the wrong and that the area concerned is a problem.

No remedy was offered to solve the problem of this tunnel and conditions there except the ramblings and rant of a pedestrian that offered up that they will start walking five abreast and if you don't ring your bell then they won't let you pass.

At least try to be a little impartial in articles especially when one of the events that is sponsored by the paper is The Great Bike Ride.
Todd

Masi Nouva Strada '06
Scott Scale 50 '08

mich rolling

Postby mich rolling » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:53 pm

I saw the picture of the tunnel that goes with the WANews article.

It seems very narrow and ends at a sharp corner.

Whoever designed it was virtually designing-in conflict between traffic (bicycle and pedestrian) going in different directions.

I suppose they saved a few dollars and many Causeway drivers complaints by keeping the tunnel narrow and minimizing the disruption to cars on the road above during construction.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:05 am

Oh god.. The West Australian. :(

I was ashamed to say I come from the state that publishes that paper as its one and only daily. I refuse to buy it out of principle. But I've just visited some rellies in S.A. and seen the Advertiser is pretty much on a par.

these days I occasionally pickup the 'Guardian Weekly' for world news - but for the more up to the minute local & domestic stuff... god Bless Aunty ABC online.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:50 am

HappyHumber wrote: god Bless Aunty ABC online.
+ The Australian.

Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:53 am

Oh, gets a mention on the BTA Blog as well.

Andrew

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:32 pm

Hmmm...The West Australian = Channel 7. It is just a matter of time before this is on that crappy 6.30pm program, whatever it is called!!

Used to know a reporter who worked there and he left as he was sick of being told what he needed to write :roll:

Pushy

Postby Pushy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:07 pm

Wouldn't use that paper in my dunny.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:56 pm

Pushy wrote:Wouldn't use that paper in my dunny.
I reckon if I had a pet budgie I might buy a copy so every so often I'd have something to line the floor of its cage with. I don't reckon a bird would have anyway problems sh!tting on it.

Oh no... hang on. No need.. that's what the free community news papers are for. I don't know why they think I have so many budgies at this house though - I get way too many a week.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

cricetidae

Postby cricetidae » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:52 pm

Well the budgie might baulk at using the Community Newspapers being that they are also owned by the West Australian if I remember rightly.

Even have budgie's have some standards.
Todd

Masi Nouva Strada '06
Scott Scale 50 '08