Valentines treat!

cludence

Valentines treat!

Postby cludence » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:19 pm

I was out the front today moving some bikes out of my van when a man pulled up with a delivery of flowers. (For my sister, not me :( ) He looked at all the bikes, asked if I was into bikes then said "Do you know Jim Bundy? I used to race with him."

He ended up chatting for over half an hour telling me who he rode with, races he had ridden, then finished by saying he has an old pre war cycling jersey he will drop off and give me when he is over this way next. He still has his three bikes! -Dont think I would be that lucky.

Anyway, made a great friend and I am posting some photos to him this afternoon and will be meeting up with him at the velodrome at some point as he has not been around the cycling guys for many years and misses it.

Who would have thought? I had only just pulled in the driveway, five mins later and I would have missed him.

Maybe I should start carrying a bike with me everywhere. Seems to get people talking and you just never know who you will meet.

So that was my pressie for the day. Definately not complaining :)

Karen.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi Karen, The jersey sounds pretty cool, post a pic when it arrives
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

cludence

Postby cludence » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi Mike, you will be the first one to see it as it is from your club apparently.

Karen.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:37 pm

cludence wrote:Hi Mike, you will be the first one to see it as it is from your club apparently.

Karen.
Cool, defenently want to see that.

BTW, let him know that the Penny Farthing Championships are on this weekend in Tasmania.
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

cludence

Postby cludence » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Will let you know when I see/get it. Same colours are the current club jersey, thats all I know.

Karen.

gsxrboy

Postby gsxrboy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:44 pm

You are a magnet for finding/getting pushy and related things !

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:59 pm

Wow, an old DHBC jersey! That'll be interesting. Guess Lindsay or Al would know the guy. Time to invite him out for a ride.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

cludence

Postby cludence » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:43 pm

My valentines friend phoned last week and said he would call in when he had a chance. He said he has some bits and pieces for me.

He turned up Monday and the bits and pieces were a cute little folding bike which Jim Bundy had sold to him when he had his shop and the following bike which is one he used to ride. He said he will bring the wheels next time he is over my way.

When he said he had some bits and pieces, I wasn't expecting these. I thought he meant kmart type bikes which could have been fixed for someone or made into wheelchairs.

This one reminds me of a Peugeot thanks to another forumite saying how much they liked it. The folder, though not the best pic is immaculate, it is just dusty. I will clean all the dust off and ride it down Jim's driveway and see if he recognises it.

And Mike, guess who gave me the wire doormat?

Karen.

kukamunga

Postby kukamunga » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:29 am

Nooice (x 2) :) :) That front end of the 'Repco' could almost be a 'Chopper' (hmmm... a folding Chopper.....? :roll: ) :)

mikeg

Postby mikeg » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:42 pm

cludence wrote: Image
looks some what like the folding bikes that were available for loan to use by students at the NSWIT (now Ultimo University) which I used to get between campuses in 1976.
Mike G.

CAMWEST member

stevendavid75

Postby stevendavid75 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:03 pm

lucky you Karen,

the Blom looks pretty nice, I had a bit of a search and came up with very little, nothing really worth posting.
The fork crown does look familiar though.

So what are the plans for a quality track rig like that, does it get hung in the shed on sold or.....?

that lil repco is pretty cool too I am starting to think i will have to find myself a nice old folder

SP

Kid_Carbine

Postby Kid_Carbine » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:35 am

I must confess that I am surprised that nobody has picked up on the right side pedal. It looks like a regular pedal frame but with a sheet alloy cover.
Most odd.

If the former owner comes up with the wheels then you need only a seat post & saddles to complete it. Good score.

Carbine & SJH cycles, & Quicksilver BMX
Now that's AUSTRALIAN to the core.

stevendavid75

Postby stevendavid75 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:28 am

similar to these perhaps?

Kid_Carbine

Postby Kid_Carbine » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:53 pm

The ones in your photo look to be Phil Wood CHP [California Highway Patrol] pedals & I compared a photo that I had of one to the right pedal on Karens bike as best I could & concluded that, from what I could see, they were not the same.

The CHP's are made from an extrusion while the mystery pedal looks to have been made from rolled & folded/formed material.
Carbine & SJH cycles, & Quicksilver BMX
Now that's AUSTRALIAN to the core.

cludence

Postby cludence » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:56 pm

They are home made ones, definately not Phil Woods ones. The pedal themselves are Zeus ones and he decided to modify them.

So yes, I am looking for some new zeus pedals.

Karen.

kukamunga

Postby kukamunga » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:44 pm

Where's the jersey? Moths eaten it?

cludence

Postby cludence » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:50 pm

He still has the jersey. I have not asked about it as I was grateful he gave me what he did. He said he is coming back so fingers crossed I at least get to look at the jersey.

Karen.

singletracking

Postby singletracking » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:58 pm

That Blom looks fantastic - a Cinelli bar and stem too?

What is that headset - I'm not familiar with any of the engraving on it?