Anyone Recumbent trike/bike riders in Geelong/Torquay ?

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:21 am

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and 'got into' recumbents after having to have back surgery last February....

Part of my rehab was to get a 2nd hand recumbent trike (GT5) to get out and about and get fit, are there any riders in or around Torquay/Geelong area ?

Be could to catch up with some of you and get on a ride...

Paul

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi & welcome :)

Can't say I see many (if any) bents when i'm out and about but i'm sure there is someone out there.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

just4tehhalibut

Re: Anyone Recumbent trike/bike riders in Geelong/Torquay ?

Postby just4tehhalibut » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:16 pm

If no local BNA member replies then I suggest that you contact the VIC HPV community http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/vichpv/web/index.html, maybe even try one of their ride days to see who you can meet who may be a Geelong local.
Or as a last resort (since you're on one) Greenspeed to see who they have in the area available to be contacted.

Enjoy. I'm just getting back to riding my trike after shoulder and other injuries that made getting in and out of the trike (as well as riding my uprights) too painful. I've now been living on a SWB for too long. I long to fang around corners on the trike. :D

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:52 am

Have bumped into a few now.....

Thanks for the tips.....

zach_strhes

Postby zach_strhes » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Hey Paul,

I live in East Geelong and recently just got a greenspeed X3. I lost the complete use of my left arm in 2005 and am really looking into getting back into something physical. ie get fit. So if your interested in catching up write back. At the moment i'm not working so i am free most times so let me know where you'd like to and when you'd like too ride and would it be a regular thing?

cheers,

Zach.

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Zach

PM sent !

Velorossi

Postby Velorossi » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Hey Paul,

There must be a few of us out there somewhere, I hear of them occasionally but don't seem to be in the right place at the right time. I'm on a Performer High Racer and get down to the Belmont Crit Track a few times a week. I'm quite new to this recumbent scene and have only done a couple of small open road rides so far, so any fellow riders would be good to know.

Cheers, Rossi :)

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi,

I think I may have bumped into you once at the Belmont crit track....

It would have been when I was on the Greenspeed GT5, little blue trike with yellow seat. I ride a lot these days, mostly on the Vortex but sometimes on the Musashi when I get the need for more speed....

Be great to ride with another recumbenteer !

I'll PM you to arrange a ride, when the weather is behaving !! This weekend looks terrible for cycling :(

Velorossi

Postby Velorossi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 am

Hi Paul,

Yes, do remember you, the Musashi thing lost me, I should have noticed the Greenspeed in your bike list.... sounds like some future rides is a great idea.

Cheers,

Rossi :)