Looking for someone to ride with

brunswickian

Looking for someone to ride with

Postby brunswickian » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi all

I annually partake in long distance rides - this season I have signed up to Amy Gillet Gran Fondo & Hanover ride for home. I've signed up for these in particular because they have completely closed roads. I'm also interested in doing the Supersprint Kinglake Ride- did this last year too.
I have always done these rides with a riding buddy but he has pulled out. I am looking for someone to ride with! I seem to know lots of cyclists through my spin classes, but not one of them partakes in these rides!

I am not interested in joining a cycling club as they do all of their club rides on shared roads with cars - and I can no longer ride on shared roads (unless I'm commuting to work and take lots of back roads/ off road bike paths) - as I was severely taken out by a p-plater driver on Beach Rd about a year and a half ago. Nearly killed me and consequentially it was a big deal just to get back on the bike, let alone ride again with cars.

That's why the big thing these days are triathlons - no cars!

Anyway, I am looking for someone to do these rides with - would make it a lot more fun! I fancy myself as a bit of a climber - love the climbs :) and my goal speed for the gran fondo is 30km p/h ... I think this could drop to 25km ... it is a 120km ride with a few nice climbs. But my goal is still to keep a nice speed, limit the stops etc.

If you're interested in riding together / creating a few wind blocks for each other (!) contact me on emmaerowe@gmail.com

thanks

Apple

Re: Looking for someone to ride with

Postby Apple » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:09 pm

where are you in Australia?
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Apple wrote:where are you in Australia?
I'm guessing by the user name, brunswick victoria ??

Good to hear, you are back on the road again, and are enjoying riding.
Hope you find a riding buddy.
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

brunswickian

Postby brunswickian » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi, yes I'm in Brunswick, Victoria