Is it wrong

Apple

Is it wrong

Postby Apple » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:19 pm

I was approached by Clitoria's husband (who is a neighbour) to start riding with me on Sunday. He has a nice new bike and he is on the large side for a man. MAMIL, I can't say it's a great look I don’t look slim right now.
I don’t think Clitoria is a fan of him riding with me. So my question is?
Is it morally wrong to ride with a male neighbour, what are the rules for bike riding, yes coffee will be involved after the ride, so is that a rendezvous
Or just sport.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Is it wrong

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:39 pm

If she don't wanna ride with him it's her loss.

As a rider, you are duty bound to provide any assistance needed to keep newcomers rolling. :wink:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Apple wrote:I was approached by Clitoria's husband (who is a neighbour) to start riding with me on Sunday. He has a nice new bike and he is on the large side for a man. MAMIL, I can't say it's a great look I don’t look slim right now.
I don’t think Clitoria is a fan of him riding with me. So my question is?
Is it morally wrong to ride with a male neighbour, what are the rules for bike riding, yes coffee will be involved after the ride, so is that a rendezvous
Or just sport.
This has nothing to do with rules for bike riding.. :?

The question is , is it wise to spend time with her hubby, regardless of how you spend it..
That , I don't know... , only you know.... :wink:
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

feral grasshopper

Postby feral grasshopper » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:37 pm

U don't make him sound very attractive, Apple..... :lol: :lol:

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:51 pm

Apple wrote:Is it morally wrong to ride with a male neighbour, what are the rules for bike riding, yes coffee will be involved after the ride, so is that a rendezvous
Or just sport.
Riding with any male is okay.

Rules of bike riding ? Just these. Rendezvous ? hell know, it's just a coffee :lol:
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

Redbull

Is it wrong

Postby Redbull » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Hey us MAMILs like riding- step up Apple.
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:55 pm

How does your hubby feel about it? How does she feel about her hubby riding with you? Unless you're all super comfortable and trusting with each other, I'd suggest it's probably unwise.

Let him find a male riding partner, or find a newby ride to take him to so he can make acquaintances at his own level, and then leave him to it.

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:14 am

It is probably more dodgy for the two of you to ride together with no others, on an ongoing basis. If you just did it half a dozen times to give him a few pointers, then that'd be acceptable in my books.

I suppose it depends on the length of rides too. An hour would be less an issue than 4 hours every weekend.

The two of you riding in a group on an ongoing basis would be acceptable I think.

Whatever, most of my riding buddies and myself have to offset the time invested in longer rides with ensuring spouses don't feel neglected.

feral grasshopper

Postby feral grasshopper » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:59 am

@trailgumby and @winstonw, at the risk of taking u both seriously when you're not in fact serious, I have to say I think ur both overcooking this a little, are you saying that a man and a woman, married singularly or severally or not can't just be mates, that the mixing of the genders always has overtones or is it that Apple is just so dangerous? :twisted:

Max

Postby Max » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:24 am

So long as you're not riding him, what's the problem?

I just don't understand this jealousy stuff. You either trust your partner or you don't. "OMGosh, my husband is spending time with another woman!!!! Our relationship is DOOOOOOOOMED!" :roll:

There's nothing wrong with going for rides with this guy. Not if you do it once, not if you do it a million times. You're riding bicycles. Sheesh. If his missus has a problem with it, it really is her problem. She needs to seek therapy or, gee, I dunno, learn to trust her husband. If she can't trust him, the relationship issues really have nothing to do with you spending time with him on the road.

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:01 am

It's only wrong if you covet him I think.

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:35 am

Max wrote:So long as you're not riding him, what's the problem?

IMax
:shock:
spat my coffee out on the screen. So funny Max
I am not even riding my bike let alone MAMIL.
Yes it is interesting about the ethics regarding riding one on one with the opposite sex.
FYI, Mr Apple is fine with me riding with whoever.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Eberbachl

Postby Eberbachl » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:13 am

If Mr Apple is fine with it, go for it.

If the MAMIL's wife isn't happy, that's his problem (or maybe that is his problem :D ).

daacha

Postby daacha » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:22 am

Apple in your OP have the names been changed to protect the innocent? That can't really be your neighbour's name :wink:

daacha

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:53 am

i want to know if you guys ride side by side, or is there drafting involved :shock: :wink:
Cervelo R5
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:50 am

Gee, maybe things are different in Sydney, or is it a generational thing.

I think understandably my partner has issues with me spending 8 hours a weekend doing stuff that excludes her, and not wanting to go out the night before a big ride. Add to that that it is 8 hours alone with my female neighbor, and I know it would be WWIII. But call it how you see it.

feral grasshopper

Postby feral grasshopper » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:13 pm

winstonw wrote:Gee, maybe things are different in Sydney, or is it a generational thing.

I think understandably my partner has issues with me spending 8 hours a weekend doing stuff that excludes her, and not wanting to go out the night before a big ride. Add to that that it is 8 hours alone with my female neighbor, and I know it would be WWIII. But call it how you see it.
can't be generational, 'cos i'm not young by a long stretch!

actually if marriage is like that, i'm rather glad i'm not!

though i'm told it has the odd side benefit............... :roll: :wink:

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:39 pm

feral grasshopper wrote:can't be generational, 'cos i'm not young by a long stretch!

No he doesn’t mean your age group, I think he is talking about mine :wink: 10years younger.
the baby boomers are swingers Aren’t they "feral" grasshopper :wink:

feral grasshopper

Postby feral grasshopper » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Apple wrote:
feral grasshopper wrote:can't be generational, 'cos i'm not young by a long stretch!

No he doesn’t mean your age group, I think he is talking about mine :wink: 10years younger.
the baby boomers are swingers Aren’t they "feral" grasshopper :wink:
Oh Apple........how did you know?? .......... :shock: :oops:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:52 pm

So is Clitoria's hubby really a CAMIL instead of a MAMIL ????

Love the dilemma, and wonder what her thoughts are and what revenge she may inflict ....

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:05 pm

MichaelB wrote:Love the dilemma, and wonder what her thoughts are and what revenge she may inflict ....
Michael B I think you are thinking of Braless, her revenge is deadly and I try my best to avoid any conflict. :evil:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Apple wrote:
MichaelB wrote:Love the dilemma, and wonder what her thoughts are and what revenge she may inflict ....
Michael B I think you are thinking of Braless, her revenge is deadly and I try my best to avoid any conflict. :evil:
It's been a while since we had one of these threads, so the memory has been fogged.

But she may learn from Braless ....

Dizz

Postby Dizz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:45 am

Apple wrote:
I don’t think Clitoria is a fan of him riding with me.
Instead of wondering about how Clitoria might feel about the situation; why not just ask her straight out.
If she confirms your concerns then tell her that she will need to address the matter with her husband because it is not fare that they place you in this situation.
A genuinely contented and loving couple do not place their friends in situations such as this; tell them to sort it out!

Apple wrote:
Or just sport.
damhooligan wrote:
This has nothing to do with rules for bike riding.. :?
+1

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:44 am

Dizz wrote:Instead of wondering about how Clitoria might feel about the situation; why not just ask her straight out.
Because she scares the hell out of me. :shock:

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:49 am

Because of her clothing selection?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?