Cycle2max

ldrcycles

Cycle2max

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Anyone here use this site? I'm surprised it's not more popular than it appears, i love the concept and i've already found several new rides thanks to it. I've looked at hillclimbr too but the layout of it doesn't seem as easy to use.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

nutsack

Cycle2max

Postby nutsack » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Have you looked at www.Strava.com ?

I'm I huge fan of this and there is increasing use in the community since it has gone free.
Main ride: BMC SLX01 Race Master 2010 SRAM Red

Strawburger

Re: Cycle2max

Postby Strawburger » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:24 am

ldrcycles wrote:Anyone here use this site? I'm surprised it's not more popular than it appears, i love the concept and i've already found several new rides thanks to it. I've looked at hillclimbr too but the layout of it doesn't seem as easy to use.
yeah i use it regularly. it's good to know how good or (in my case) bad your times are compared to others! For me it pushes me to go harder up the climbs and hopefully leapfrog a couple in the list of that climb.
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:52 am

nutsack wrote:Have you looked at http://www.Strava.com ?

I'm I huge fan of this and there is increasing use in the community since it has gone free.
Hadn't heard of it and had a look but with cycle2max theres no need for a garmin etc. I will probably get one eventually though. I'm really curious as to why there are so few times for Gyndier Drive up Tinbeerwah, when it's a popular training ride, and part of the Noosa Century and Noosa Triathlon.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

sblack

Postby sblack » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:23 am

ldrcycles wrote:
nutsack wrote:Have you looked at http://www.Strava.com ?

Hadn't heard of it and had a look but with cycle2max theres no need for a garmin etc. I will probably get one eventually though. I'm really curious as to why there are so few times for Gyndier Drive up Tinbeerwah, when it's a popular training ride, and part of the Noosa Century and Noosa Triathlon.
The need of a Garmin (or other GPS based unit) may restrict the user base for Strava as compared to cycle2max and I believe that shows on climbs that are listed on both sites, cycle2max seams to have more riders. However it also makes it a lot easier to add climbs and I've noticed in my area at least there are a lot more climbs on Strava than on cycle2max. You don't need the garmin to search the site to find new rides, just if you want to upload your ride to go on the leaderboard.