It appears Mr Angrypants is back...

zues

Re: It appears Mr Angrypants is back...

Postby zues » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 pm

Colin Old and Cranky wrote
The story goes that Adrian was an ex UWA student, I think Medical.

I would not have called him powerfully built at the time but he was trim and muscled and well tanned. Youwould have been hard pressed to be certain about what his hair colour was as it was usually pretty grubby - sort of precursor to the dredlocks fashion.
Adrian is still alive and kicking.
I wouldnt call him trim, definitely muscled and well tanned from riding bare shirt. Pretty certain he is a freckled ranga or was it bad sunburn :?:
Adrian -being a living urban legend has many guises. :)

velogrrl

Postby velogrrl » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Mr Angrypants - the nasty one, not Adrian, was out this morning on the Kwinana Freeway PSP at the base of the overpass near the Scout Hall. Shouted obscenities and ran at us making threatening gestures as we went past, but we were through by the time he hit the path. He wasn't just on the sand as we started to go by, so there had been no conflict or apparent cause - unless it had happened earlier and he was just taking it out on us.

roller

Postby roller » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:38 pm

we encountered him on the canning bridge.

he got off his bike and stood it on it's back wheel and advanced towards (we were heading in the opposite direction to him) us shouting obscenities and weaving it side to side across the bridge.

he yelled at us as we went past but didn't take a swing at anyone.

i am guessing it is the same guy.
inflammatory statement or idea

Jezza75

Postby Jezza75 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Mr Angrypants was out playing again this morning.
I was sitting on someone's wheel at about 38 kph this morning on my way to work..
I had not seen him south of the river before (down near the Canning Bridge on the freeway PSP).
For no reason other then maybe a medical condition he yelled at the guy on the front "stay on your own side or I will belt you" with an out stretched elbow (ok, so thats not quite what he said, but this is a family show, right!?!).

I though about calling the Police, but really, what can they do?

Hills hurt but couches KILL!

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:20 pm

Jezza75 wrote:Mr Angrypants was out playing again this morning.
I was sitting on someone's wheel at about 38 kph this morning on my way to work..
I had not seen him south of the river before (down near the Canning Bridge on the freeway PSP).
For no reason other then maybe a medical condition he yelled at the guy on the front "stay on your own side or I will belt you" with an out stretched elbow (ok, so thats not quite what he said, but this is a family show, right!?!).

I though about calling the Police, but really, what can they do?
If I see him south of the river when I'm back on my bike, he WILL be on video as I will have my Contour 1080 recording.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

velogrrl

Postby velogrrl » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:11 pm

I'm trying not to take it personally, but after our encounter with Mr Angrypants on Saturday morning, we ran into trouble with Mrs Angrypants on Sunday morning. Seven of us were just cruising along West Swan Road when she drove past in her van - which I've seen around the CBD and Subi quite a bit. It's a white van, totally covered with stickers and decals calling for, ironically, peace and an end to oppression of various groups. It has a bunch of artifical flowers on the front (although I'm sure at other times it has had a large baby doll stuck to the front fender) and an Australian flag flying from the back underneath a sign saying something like "Save our Sisters". Anyway, after she passed us, she pulled off the road, and then once we'd ridden by, she came up and drove past us again - maybe a bit close, but without any sign of interaction or aggression towards us - then after about 250 metres she did a U-turn and swerved onto the wrong side of the road and drove straight at us, before pulling back onto the left side of the road at the last minute. A bit unsettling and we were nervously glancing over our shoulders in case she made a return visit before we pulled off into a side street and took that west. I've reported it to the police, because I think it's handy to have a recorded history of these things in case the next mob she takes a dislike to aren't let off as easily as us.

hung

Postby hung » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:35 pm

I was on one of my normal club rides
when a clazy dude threatened us with his dog

I found out later that he actually picked up his dog and threw it
at a car

I'm sure some of the DHBC members will remember this as It was on illawarra rode
near the woolworths
Colnago C59 for the long road
Cervelo S2 for the short road
GT Carbon Pro for the mountain
Kono Kula deluxe / slicks for the foot paths
Cannondale dually for the big stuff

fixed

Postby fixed » Sat May 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Encountered the Mr Angrypants again today on the Kwinana PSP South Perth just south of the Mill Point off ramp at about 07.15am as we were riding northwards. He was standing on the PSP yelling abuse at oncoming riders.
English accent, tall, riding a dark MTP and wearing a dark clothing inc a beanie.
Have reported him to police.
Still no photo.
The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine.

bone

Postby bone » Sat May 28, 2011 7:41 pm

fixed wrote:English accent, tall, riding a dark MTP and wearing a dark clothing inc a beanie.
This is the guys, saw him on narrows bridge Kwinana PSP in the morning around 8.Rode just behind him at the time waiting for the opposite line to clear that I can pass him, saw him drinking water from a big glass clear bottle :?: , maybe vodka who knows, then he notice me at the back and started yelling and kicking, be extra careful everyone .

giwi2

Postby giwi2 » Sat May 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Yep definately encountered this guy this morning on the Kwinana PSP about 3/4km south of Mill Point Road a little after 7ish. We (2) were riding south single file and i was on front. Noticed a guy on a mtb who was riding north with no hands on the bars and trying to put on another top or such like. He also had on a balaclava as a could not see his face.

As he got closer and was struggling with putting other top on he lost balance a bit and swerved towards me but corrected himself fairly quickly and then according to my fellow rider (i did not see this) apparently proceeded to put out his arm at head height and in an apparent attempt to take out my cycling buddy who moved out of his reach.

Surprised as both as we wondered what we had done. Luckily he did not connect as we were doing 32-ish and he i presume he was doing say 15 so an impact speed of nearly 50km/hr!!! :shock: :shock:

It all happened quickly and we kept riding south (ending up in Mandurah) but our ride could have ended very differently............

he is clearly a danger and i fear it is only a matter of time before he or someone else is badly hurt.
2009 Scott Sportster
2009 Specialized Roubaix Expert

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Sun May 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Hm, I saw a guy riding through the carpark in Maylands near the IGA repeatedly screaming 'F*** yous all' while spinning and going a fair clip. He was wearing a beanie, on a red and black mtb and tattoos on his neck. Fairly powerful looking guy. I thought he might have just broken up with his gf or something.

Anyway I think there are a few Mr Angrypants in Perth.
Bike Friday New World Tourist, Schwinn Le Tour Sport, Giant TCR, Giant STP2, 9:zero:7 fattie

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun May 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Report it to the police.

While uniform plod won;t do much, when someone does get hurt the detectives will jump on it like noboby's business and all those contacts in the COPS system will be invited to ID the guy and it will proceed from there. Unfortunately nothing much will happen until someone does get seriously hurt, unless someone he takes a dislike to and has a go at happens to be an off-duty copper.

It's a pity, but that seems to be how the system works these days. I was involved in a surf rage case a few years back as a witness/victim:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/sur ... 69069.html
http://blogs.news.com.au/news/splat/ind ... surf_wars/

Nothing happened until the guy - an ice addict - slapped a surf life saver. This was back just after the Cronulla riots. Uniform were useless. When the detectives were on it, it was a whole new level of serious. He got off with a slap with a wet noodle in the end due to a failure to conclusively establish identity via parade or photos (although we all knew exactly who he was). The best part of the case was that under his bail conditions he was unable to surf anywhere on Sydney's Northern Beaches for a whole year. :lol:

But it would never have got a start unless the individual incidents has been reported to police in teh first place.

Postby 4130 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:47 pm

roller wrote:
fixed wrote:There is a particularly aggressive person who rides a bike and shapes to throw punches, screams ransom abuse and threaten shoulder charges as you ride past in an opposite direction.
yep, this sounds like the person i've encountered near claisebrook station and also on the wyndan bridge.

saw him nearly kick a chick in the head because she ventured into his lane (she was back in her lane well before she passed him going in the opposite direction)
I was riding about 5 mtrs behind her when that happened, the guy is such a loser! I had an encounter with him at Leederville not so long ago where he tried to grab me as I rode past, he missed and all I heard was screaming and yelling; I turned round and he had fallen off the girls mtb he was riding; karma - you've got to love it :)

fab at forty

Postby fab at forty » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Just reporting another couple of sightings....

a girlfriend and i ride every friday morning around 6am and we encountered mr A first time a couple of months ago yelling at us to get the 'f' out of his path (even though he was riding towards us on the opposite side of the path) he rode past us and then doubled back to follow us yelling abuse at us the whole time (bearing in mind it was pitch black and we were two chicks on our own) we managed to lose him but we were pretty shaken up.

Then yesterday (26/08) he rode towards us yelling the same things on the Loftus street bridge and actually hit my friend with his arm as he rode past.

Not sure what can be done about it, but surely that's abuse to ride past someone yell at them then hit them for no reason?

Again, not sure what good posting here is going to do but just wanted to let you all know he's still around....

faf

Dobo

Postby Dobo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:20 pm

The cops should be able to pick him up for anti social behaviour and threatening conduct! Although I haven't encountered him yet I think they need to get him off the streets before he does hurt someone or someone hurts him. He sounds lik a real danager to others and himself.

There is always someone angrier!
Fuji Altamira 3.0 2012

tterbw

Postby tterbw » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:38 pm

Anyone have a gopro helmet cam or similar? maybe some footage of this baboon is needed.

Karati

Postby Karati » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:44 pm

More likely this tool needs a great big hiding. Wonder if being on the receiving end is as much fun as dishing it out?!

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:10 pm

[quote="fab at forty"]

Then yesterday (26/08) he rode towards us yelling the same things on the Loftus street bridge and actually hit my friend with his arm as he rode past.

/quote]

:shock:

I think you should report it to the police as a minimum. He assaulted your friend.

Were both instances in the same area?
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

fab at forty

Postby fab at forty » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:43 am

sorry to drag this up again but we encountered him yet again this morning on the loftus st bridge (we were heading to city west, he was coming towards us in the opposite direction) rode past yelling and smacked my friend in the head. again.

In reply to the previous question, yes my friend actually did go to the police last time it happened but they told her it would take an hour and a half to fill out the forms, and it was up to the judge what would happen but as she couldn't actually describe him probably not much would happen (???). As she had two small children with her she decided not to pursue it.

I just wondered if anyone knows what his route is once he goes over the Loftus St overpass? we have decided the easiser solution is to change our route to avoid him.....

faf

Dr_Mutley

It appears Mr Angrypants is back...

Postby Dr_Mutley » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:47 am

I'm surprised someone over in WA hasn't had a quiet word to this guy... Or does he just pick on soft targets? Personally, at the very least I would turn around and follow him while on the phone to the police... I'm surprised no one has actually taken a photo of him as yet... Sounds like he needs a major attitude readjustment...

Karati

Postby Karati » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Fab at Forty - Your friend has a duty to the community to report this. What happens when he does this to a family or some kids?!

Dr_Mutley - This was my initial response also but seeing as he is clearly a nutter I'd say it would do more harm than good. Best thing people can do is to keep calling the police at every encounter and get him off the street.

fab at forty

Postby fab at forty » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:51 pm

yes she does, but the police don't exactly make it easy! She called them on the phone and was told she would have to do it in person at a police station - as i said when she went down she was told the process would take an hour and a half - not a particularly pleasant prospect with two pre school children in tow.

We did discuss this morning that she would call again and see what other action could be taken.

Karati

Postby Karati » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:10 pm

I know exactly where you are coming from (17 month old twins here). Maybe mention that to them and they could get someone to drop past the house after bed time?

I hate the way they make it feel like you are in the wrong when just trying to do the right thing.

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Wow, I'm a bit surprised at the police's response, f@f :?

A few years back on my way to work when I had some little punk on a BMX try to clothesline me off, the police actually came out to my workplace to take a statement. They took it very seriously, were totally professional and even gave me a follow-up call a week later.

Now and again I come into contact with criminologists through work and one of them actually recommends basically getting a "second opinion" if you're unhappy with how police deal with a complaint, just as you would a doctor. The idea sounded odd to me but perhaps there's something in it.
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Lizzy wrote:Wow, I'm a bit surprised at the police's response, f@f :?

A few years back on my way to work when I had some little punk on a BMX try to clothesline me off, the police actually came out to my workplace to take a statement. They took it very seriously, were totally professional and even gave me a follow-up call a week later.

Now and again I come into contact with criminologists through work and one of them actually recommends basically getting a "second opinion" if you're unhappy with how police deal with a complaint, just as you would a doctor. The idea sounded odd to me but perhaps there's something in it.
I would rather be told up front what the time and effort I would need to be putting in than to be put through the mill at reporting stage and then later see an outcome that comes as a surprise to me but which I could have been informed of earlier. Indeed the woman concerned should have been giventhe advice about length of time before she traipsed off to the local.

On the other hand I am then at risk of satisfying the needs of a less than hard-working cop. I can see the need for a second opinion. Maybe a call at a later time after a change of shift. Hmmm.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle