one of 'Those' weeks

teamdanby

one of 'Those' weeks

Postby teamdanby » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:39 pm

i can't complain i'm still upright and fighting fit
but
gees i know we have all had one of THOSE weeks where if it can go wrong it will go wrong

still waiting for some gear to rock up that has been "coming" for two weeks now
caught the headphones with the phone attached on a door ripping the headphone out and now neither work
brought a MP3 player (pretty cheep one) whos earphones didn't even last the ride into work
and so far for a hump day special for me i got the bike out of the storerrom this afternoon for the ride home to fine the rear tottaly FLAT
cauht a little shad of glass in it so had to repaire it before the ride home
i do carry spares but seems i was at work and also carry the punture repaire kit i thought i may as well do the repaire at work and save the spare for when it will be needed on the road

well atleast half the week is over just need to wait to see what the other days have install for me
Daily comuter
Gaint XTC mtb
city slicker wheels for the week
kenda nevegal for the tracks on the weekends

orbeas

Re: one of 'Those' weeks

Postby orbeas » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:44 pm

teamdanby wrote:i can't complain i'm still upright and fighting fit
but
gees i know we have all had one of THOSE weeks where if it can go wrong it will go wrong

still waiting for some gear to rock up that has been "coming" for two weeks now
caught the headphones with the phone attached on a door ripping the headphone out and now neither work
brought a MP3 player (pretty cheep one) whos earphones didn't even last the ride into work
and so far for a hump day special for me i got the bike out of the storerrom this afternoon for the ride home to fine the rear tottaly FLAT
cauht a little shad of glass in it so had to repaire it before the ride home
i do carry spares but seems i was at work and also carry the punture repaire kit i thought i may as well do the repaire at work and save the spare for when it will be needed on the road

well atleast half the week is over just need to wait to see what the other days have install for me
oh man!! yea humpday its all down hill for the rest of the week, keep ya chin up :)
Orbea Euskaltel:Ultegra,Durace,RS80
Orbea Erandio Hybrid

Addictr3

Postby Addictr3 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:45 pm

This may not sink in right away but think of the times when your injured and not doing anything. Atleast your out there giving it a crack. Chin up
If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.

teamdanby

Postby teamdanby » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:09 am

yeh i know i have had worst time in my life and really these little hiccups are nothing comparied to what some others are dealing with so please just take this as a little whinge

anyway the weekend is here and the week is over so now it is only up[ from here again
Daily comuter
Gaint XTC mtb
city slicker wheels for the week
kenda nevegal for the tracks on the weekends

AndyTheMan

Postby AndyTheMan » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:55 pm

I rocked up to work to find that the company has gone into administration/liquidation...

So no job... argghhhhh

Worst part...my new bike is currently under layby at my LBS and i'm just waiting for that spare one thousand $ to bring it home..

With no job and no salary at the moment who knows how long it will be till my baby is sleeping in my garage instead of under the lights of the LBS...

Still, as you say, I'm upright and alive, so all is good...

Plus I got in a good 50km on the MTB today ..... sunny, slight breeze...

Myddraal

Postby Myddraal » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:16 pm

teamdanby wrote:brought a MP3 player (pretty cheep one) whos earphones didn't even last the ride into work
You may well have just lead m to the discovery of the decade: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Audio-Casse ... 2651wt_905
Of course, it could be complete crap, but the concept is amazingly practical.