Getting in to Parramatta from the end of the M7 cycle path.

Beating the system - the cycling commuting section

Getting in to Parramatta from the end of the M7 cycle path.

Postby Nitram » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:32 pm

I know there's a thread for commuting routes, but ................ here goes anyway.

I regularly come in from the Blue Mountains to Parra via the M4 and to the hole-in-the-wall just short of Church St, and then fiddle about through the back streets to the GWH and etc etc to parra CBD. But today I tried jumping off the M4 at the M7 interchange and riding around the fabulous cycle path through to where it ends at Old Windsor Rd. :D :D

The bit from there down to Briens Rd via more cycle path and the T-Way (is it OK to ride on the T-Way ? There was a bloke up ahead on a bike....... :oops: ....) was Ok, but I turned Left there and it was all shite from there on in. :( :(

So is there a decent way to get from Brien's down to the Parra CBD or is it just footpaths, pedestrians and traffic lights ?

Ta,

Nitram
Nitram

by BNA » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:30 am

BNA

Re: Getting in to Parramatta from the end of the M7 cycle pa

Postby Scouse » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:30 am

You could cut through Westmead hospital & then onto Parramatta Park. Turn off Briens Rd / Cumberland Hwy at Redbank Rd (where McDonalds is) & then down into the hospital. There's boom gates to stop cars using it as a shortcut but they're easy to go around on a bicycle.
Scott

1975 Peugeot UO-8 - daily commuter along the Liverpool to Parramatta cycleway (and back again :))

**Now living south of Campbelltown so commuting with the help of Mr Cityrail.
Scouse

Postby Xplora » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:05 pm

When do you go through Nitram? I could take you along the path into Parra Park if the schedules match up. PM me your mobile if you're keen.
Xplora

Postby Nitram » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi Scouse and thanks for your offer Xplora.
I tried my luck with it again today and found my problem: At some stage (I think its up the top of the hill from Briens Rd) there's a sign saying turn left for Parra. But that's a bum steer. If you turn right and head down to Briens Rd, turn right on Briens and then left on the bike path that runs alongside Mons Rd T Way, then follow the signs to Parra and through Parra Park its all good. A bit of a fiddly route-a bit stop-start. But after coming down from Springwood, I'm due for a bit of a rest !

Thanks again, and I think I'll use that route regularly, when not in a hurry.
Cheers,
Nitram :D
Nitram

Postby ruscook » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:24 pm

GT Avalanche 1.0 | TCR Alliance 0 | Giant Bowery | BMW K1300R
Two wheels good, Four wheels bad
ruscook

Return to Commuting