Hello, im new!

chodeofwar

Hello, im new!

Postby chodeofwar » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi all, firstly i would like to say what a great forum you guys and gals have here.
Im probally going to be posting here in the future so i thought i would introduce myself and mention a little about my recent cycling endeavours.
Firstly im 24 yo male who lost his licence 2 years ago and got a bike (avanti vivace 105) so i could get to and from work. I have ridden bikes of all sorts since i was very young but only recently have i taken an interest in road cycling. I have finally bitten the bullet and got kitted out with some shoes, knicks, jersy, gloves ect. I have done a few 30-40 km rides with no problem and just last W/E i went out with a group from the barossa and did 80kms with their "A" group. They stopped a few times but i eventually got droped with about 20 kms to go. I think i "bonked" (low blood sugar) i was also pummeled by maggies and ended up running off the road and crashing cos of a maggie with about 5kms to go ( wasnt happy). Anyway im going out again this sunday keen as and i will remember to eat during the ride this time.... also it will the first time going out with just knicks no shorts over the top and a proper jersy wish me luck. :D

bosvit

Re: Hello, im new!

Postby bosvit » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:32 pm

Good onya!

Hope you enjoy it. Nothing better than getting out riding with a decent group.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:35 pm

chodeofwar wrote:Hi all, firstly i would like to say what a great forum you guys and gals have here.
Im probally going to be posting here in the future so i thought i would introduce myself and mention a little about my recent cycling endeavours.
Firstly im 24 yo male who lost his licence 2 years ago and got a bike (avanti vivace 105) so i could get to and from work. I have ridden bikes of all sorts since i was very young but only recently have i taken an interest in road cycling. I have finally bitten the bullet and got kitted out with some shoes, knicks, jersy, gloves ect. I have done a few 30-40 km rides with no problem and just last W/E i went out with a group from the barossa and did 80kms with their "A" group. They stopped a few times but i eventually got droped with about 20 kms to go. I think i "bonked" (low blood sugar) i was also pummeled by maggies and ended up running off the road and crashing cos of a maggie with about 5kms to go ( wasnt happy). Anyway im going out again this sunday keen as and i will remember to eat during the ride this time.... also it will the first time going out with just knicks no shorts over the top and a proper jersy wish me luck. :D
good luck matey, enjoy your riding... what area u in?

chodeofwar

Postby chodeofwar » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Dr_Mutley wrote:
chodeofwar wrote:Hi all, firstly i would like to say what a great forum you guys and gals have here.
good luck matey, enjoy your riding... what area u in?
I live and work in Kapunda which is about an hour and a half north of Adelaide. I usually just tell people i live in the Barossa Valley as im only about 25kms from Nuriootpa. There are a few good roads but most of them are 110kms zones. I prefer to ride over to Tanunda/Angaston, less trucks and speeding motorists. I want to do more kms during the week but i dont have anyone to ride with and after a 60hour working week i sometimes wish i had some more motivation. I love riding and when i get back from a long(ish) ride i always feel great and glad that i did it. :wink:
Avanti Vivace - 105

southernshark

Postby southernshark » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Hi!

I'm also new and I'll be moving to Kapunda in the new year. Will need to go to Nuriootpa about once a week - the best route is through Tanunda, did you say?

SS