Brisbane CBD Showers?

smoran

Brisbane CBD Showers?

Postby smoran » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi,

I work at the edge of the CBD (near the IBM building Upper Edward st) and unfortunately our building doesn't have any shower facilities. We do have somewhere nice and secure to park my bike so I have been riding the 30k's into the city, paying the $12 casual fee at cycle2city - have a shower there/get changed into sports cloths and ride my bike to work where it gets stored and then I get changed into my real work cloths (stored at work).

Other than a bit of mucking around it works well but paying $12 a day (twice a week) annoys the hell out of me for really all I'm doing is having a 5 min shower at cycle2city. I wish they had a $5 shower only option. Does anyone have any other suggestions about how they do this or know other lower cost shower options in the CBD?

I was thinking about joining a gym in town somewhere ($50/month is much cheaper than $24/week) and just using their showers - but I worry about the security of locking my shiny carbon bike in the street in front of the gym.

Thanks

Max

Brisbane CBD Showers?

Postby Max » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Edit: I suggested their 3 day/week plan as being a cheaper option but didn't read the gym pricing correctly. Please feel free to ignore me :oops:

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

ClownBoy

Re: Brisbane CBD Showers?

Postby ClownBoy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:17 am

I wonder if you could get sneaky about using other buildings.

For example - I know my company's new office space has a shower in the disabled toilets ... which are in the elevator area before you do into the actual office.

So if you were ballsy enough you could easily walk straight into the lobby and up the elevator to L1 looking like you belong there - go into the disabled loo, shower, walk back out.

beauyboy

Re: Brisbane CBD Showers?

Postby beauyboy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:33 pm

I think you have a hard time trying to find a Gym in the city for that price.

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated