Womans Pearl Izumi

bianchi928

Womans Pearl Izumi

Postby bianchi928 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:18 pm

The age old problem of buying shoes online and different sizings between different brands.

Has anyone here purchased Pearl Izumi shoes and how do they fit?

They are for my wife so any details on mens(as her current shoes are not woman specific, but she is looking at a womans pair of PI) and womans fit would be appreciated.

For info, she wears mens / non woman specific road shoes - Shimano 43 and Sidi 44.

Cheers
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

Madone SSL

Re: Womans Pearl Izumi

Postby Madone SSL » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:00 pm

I have just bought a pair of nice pearl izumi runners from my local bike shop and the size does not match my normal shoe size, they are wider. Why dont you check out the new line up of Bontrager shoes, and buy your wife real quality, you cant buy them on line, only get them in shops that sell trek so she gets to try them on. The quality is truly superb, they have a money back guarantee and they are now no more expensive than Shimano but far superior. Also if you buy on line and they dont fit you have just wasted your money.

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:39 pm

bianchi928 wrote:The age old problem of buying shoes online and different sizings between different brands.

Has anyone here purchased Pearl Izumi shoes and how do they fit?

They are for my wife so any details on mens(as her current shoes are not woman specific, but she is looking at a womans pair of PI) and womans fit would be appreciated.

For info, she wears mens / non woman specific road shoes - Shimano 43 and Sidi 44.

Cheers
They are longer and wider than sidi's - probably more like shimano sizing but wider, one size down should be fine but I think they may be too wide (I am a female who tried mens PI, went back to sidi's).

Stick with Sidi shoes :wink:

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Madone SSL wrote:I have just bought a pair of nice pearl izumi runners from my local bike shop and the size does not match my normal shoe size, they are wider. Why dont you check out the new line up of Bontrager shoes, and buy your wife real quality, you cant buy them on line, only get them in shops that sell trek so she gets to try them on. The quality is truly superb, they have a money back guarantee and they are now no more expensive than Shimano but far superior. Also if you buy on line and they dont fit you have just wasted your money.
Thanks madone and DM for your replies.

The PI's are a model similar to trainers (Fuel model) for her to wear to spefically wear to spin class. She doesn't want MTB or road shoes for spin.

She loves her her Sidi's, can't see her moving to another brand.

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:13 pm

I just bought some and they are my normal size of 37.5 ... yes I have tiny feet
Bike Friday New World Tourist, Schwinn Le Tour Sport, Giant TCR, Giant STP2, 9:zero:7 fattie

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Cheers jet-ski.

Thinking I might grab a pair myself.