Elation Bikes Ceased Trading

cachexian

Postby cachexian » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Elation Bikes has ceased trading.

http://www.elationebikes.com.au/

Having been interested in Ebikes for several years now I have spent quite some time lurking on Allan's site, which no longer exists. Although I don't know him, I feel like I do.

I certainly hope that everything is OK with him and his family. If not, best wishes Allan.

Cachexian.
Scott Sub 40 with 200W, 36v Ezee geared front hub motor
and...
Trek Madonne 3.1 driven by left leg and right leg

the grid

Re: Elation Bikes Ceased Trading

Postby the grid » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Oh seemed like a good product. I bought a 300w on ebay for < $300 but haven't fitted it yet...hope I don't need any spares.

GraemeK

Postby GraemeK » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Bought a system from him a few months ago and while it is an cleaver bit of engineering it has some inherent flaws like the fact that the way the mounting bracket is fixed, means the bottom bracket bearings are no longer correctly located. Have to say I found him exceptionally difficult to deal with and given his lack of business skills I am not surprised he has gone out of business.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:40 pm

I had trouble with the product and he looked after me pretty well. I hope he and family are ok.

tekkaman

Postby tekkaman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 pm

A few months ago I noticed that Allan was stating that he wanted to sell his business. He mentioned that he wasn't a sales person and wanted to hand the business over to someone else.

Then the next time I looked up eLation ebikes, everything had disappeared. This includes the website, the facebook page etc. So I'm assuming that he sold the business to someone and they're going to rebrand or relaunch at some point.

SavannahBlake

Postby SavannahBlake » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:00 pm

This website is now the part of the history. If the owner will interested and getting benefit, you will get back this website.

Joeblake

Postby Joeblake » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Would you like the money in small denomination, non-serially numbered notes?

:lol: :lol:

Joe
To acquire immunity to eloquence is of the utmost importance to the citizens of a democracy
Bertrand Russell

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:33 pm

tekkaman wrote:Then the next time I looked up eLation ebikes, everything had disappeared. This includes the website, the facebook page etc. So I'm assuming that he sold the business to someone and they're going to rebrand or relaunch at some point.
Doesn't sound like a sell. If it was bought, the new owner would have wanted to keep the publicity going and not let it all fall apart.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.