tyre and tubes

Unko

tyre and tubes

Postby Unko » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:06 pm

i was just wondering if i can fit 195 tubes in to 125 tyre on a mountain bike just bourght slicks for her a friend wanted to take the adliade to victor harbor with me.

i have fitted the frount together and cant get all the tube inside the tyre compleatly when its all together its sticking out a bout 2 mm under the steal belt i was thinking it could rub and get a puncher or is it ok to do that.

or is it safer do get 125 tubes to fit the tyres which are 125

Unko

Birdman

Postby Birdman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:25 pm

You are meant to get the tube that fits the tyre. If you are trying to gt it in and can't put it in all the way i am guessing you haven't pumped it up yet...so no it wont work IMO.

Mitch.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKYS. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Until next time...

Unko

Postby Unko » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:47 pm

thats what i thort thanks

Hawkeye

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:40 pm

I have enough trouble getting a 1.25 tube in my 1.3 conti slicks! Unless I inflate the tube just right, I inevitably pinchflat the danged thing getting the last bit of the bead over the rim. :oops:

Trying to get anything bigger in there - forgeddit! ... Although I did try some 1.5" tubes once ... and gave up. :lol: Too much tube for the space.