Tour Of Tasmania

Baldy

Re: Tour Of Tasmania

Postby Baldy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Nice report Mark, if I had known it was clear further up I would have kept going. It looked covered before I left home, so I just gave myself enough time to get to the Springs.

I did not recognize you on the bike track later on, sometimes dont even recognize Rob he has lost so much weight and different kits. I wore stuff warm enough for standing around up the mountain, so I was cooking when I saw you.[well, I think it was you :lol: ]

Releng

Postby Releng » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:57 pm

I watched the final stage in Devonport today, it was another strong performance by the Genesys team.
Haas won the stage despite a huge effort on the line by an injured Sulzberger.
A top day.
The photo is courtesy of Cyclingnews.com, check me out leaning on the barrier on the right, the good looker with the sunnies and grey jumper.

skull

Postby skull » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:04 pm

you're famous!

Tasman

Postby Tasman » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:24 pm

Here's some more. These are from the Devonport stage.

Image[/url]

And one from yesterdays Burnie stage.

There was a bit of body contact in the rush to the finish line. These were taken by my son - more here http://www.flickr.com/photos/46707645@N02/

mcdurdin

Postby mcdurdin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:22 am

Baldy wrote:Nice report Mark, if I had known it was clear further up I would have kept going. It looked covered before I left home, so I just gave myself enough time to get to the Springs.
Ha, well our original plan was to stop at the Chalet but given the cloud cover a couple of riders went further up and let us know the good news of (some) sun. Even up there though, we got occasional cloud cover and then it was freezing... Hence I put on my full winter jacket :)
Baldy wrote:I did not recognize you on the bike track later on, sometimes dont even recognize Rob he has lost so much weight and different kits. I wore stuff warm enough for standing around up the mountain, so I was cooking when I saw you.[well, I think it was you :lol: ]
Yeah, I didn't recognize you on the bike track until Rob called out your name. Mind you, at that point I had nearly 3000m of climbing in my legs and I was riding against a headwind with a focus on getting home! So wasn't really noticing much at all...
Still young enough to win the Tour de France

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Baldy wrote:Yeah mate, got a few but none of them are real good. The fog/cloud and a cold/excited operator did not help. I just had them on facebook but here ya go...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62577874@N ... 725843965/
I think you captured the atmosphere nicely :) Particularly liked the one of the guy in Ride kit, white shoes and helmet, on his own. The look on his face said it all, there's only one reason you're riding alone in a TTT :evil:
Baldy wrote: You know Dyball ....aka Starvin Marvin huh ? :lol: That kid sure can climb! I remember him doing well in a race down here a while back? Cant put my finger on it :? Could have been on a mtb? Freycinet challenge? Or I could have my wires crossed altogether.
I know OF him :lol: He's passed me a couple of times on the M4 freeway and on the main cycleway up here, does that count :P I've also watched he and Brodie smash themselves (and everyone else) in a few A grade crits, Brodie rides in the same club as I do.

Yeah Ben can really climb, they both can actually :twisted: Not sure about any race down in Tassie Ben might have won, but I do know he soloed off the front at last years U23 Road Race Nationals on a hilly course and won :twisted:
FPR Ragamuffin

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:39 pm

mcdurdin wrote:The TTT up a mountain idea is a little unusual. My take on it: http://marc.durdin.net/2011/10/tour-of- ... trial.html
Nice write up, nice photos (although those socks should be outlawed :P ) and most importantly nice times by the non pros up the mountain 8)
FPR Ragamuffin

mcdurdin

Postby mcdurdin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Chuck wrote:Nice write up, nice photos (although those socks should be outlawed :P ) and most importantly nice times by the non pros up the mountain 8)
Thanks, please note that is not me :) My socks were of suitable length although they were hidden beneath leg warmers. I was frozen...
Still young enough to win the Tour de France