Motivation, what training did you do today( for the girls)

Schmenz

Re: Motivation, what training did you do today( for the girl

Postby Schmenz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Apple wrote:Where is everyone. :?
swim squad today, cycled yesterday. :D
wow nice work!

i went to go to the gym after work last night, missed the turn off, got practically home (half an our drive), then drove the 40 mins to the gym, then got there and realised my shoes were at home :(

devastated.

then it was 11:30 by the time i was home, fed the pets etc. riding for an hour just seemed stupid.

i remembered my shoes today :D
Newbie to the cycling world.
2011 Giant TCR Advanced W
http://www.sea2summit2011.blogspot.com

blossy84

Postby blossy84 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:25 pm

You ladies all ride a long way. I feel embarrassed with my feeble noobie attempts.

A 20km ride to work yesterday, 10km ride home, 60 mins of slow peddling on the exercise bike (only cause I ate too much bad food!) and then a game of netball last night.

Today was a 15km ride to work, will be a 10km ride home, a game of netball and probably some time on the bike (because once again I have succumb to the bad food).

How do you get up so early to fit in a long ride before work? I didn't know people went outside before 6am :D

Also, I find now I am riding outside more (as opposed to exercise bike riding) that I am getting a lot hungrier and I keep heading for the easy bad food. I need to be better with food choices.
i love my bike(s)

Schmenz

Postby Schmenz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Take some "good" snacks with you and maybe you wont eat so much bad stuff.

although saying that, if i ride in the day / afternoon im ok.

having ridden to work the last 2 days, im a junk fiend all day. we had to lock up the staff chocolate!
Newbie to the cycling world.
2011 Giant TCR Advanced W
http://www.sea2summit2011.blogspot.com

blossy84

Postby blossy84 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Schmenz wrote:Take some "good" snacks with you and maybe you wont eat so much bad stuff.

although saying that, if i ride in the day / afternoon im ok.

having ridden to work the last 2 days, im a junk fiend all day. we had to lock up the staff chocolate!
the food I take to work is quite healthy. It's when others offer me choices, I cave and I skip the good and go straight to the bad. I am a sucker for sweets.
i love my bike(s)

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Re getting up early, I'm not sure how I do it either, but arranging to meet another rider at a location a few k's up the road from where you live is a great motivator :wink:

The bonus is the earlier it is the lighter the traffic :D
Lisa

blossy84

Postby blossy84 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:00 pm

marinmomma wrote:Re getting up early, I'm not sure how I do it either, but arranging to meet another rider at a location a few k's up the road from where you live is a great motivator :wink:

The bonus is the earlier it is the lighter the traffic :D
Yeah lighter traffic really appeals to me as I'm sure it does many riders. Small steps for me with early mornings I think :wink: I don't know any other riders, maybe in time :)
i love my bike(s)