Moreton Bay 100

Moreton Bay 100

Postby colaiacw » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Just wondering if anyone participated in the Moreton Bay 100 last month? How did you find the course/ride.

Generally it was a good day. I was with a group that took a wrong turn by mistake (missed a sign) and we cut off 20km of the 100km course.

The organizers did a good job, and they said that the signs will be improved for next years event.
User avatar
colaiacw
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:42 am
Location: Brisbane

by BNA » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 pm

BNA
 

Re: Moreton Bay 100

Postby notwal » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 pm

I missed it altogether. I didn't know it was on.
Where did you hear about it?
judged, insulted, gone
User avatar
notwal
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:57 pm

Re: Moreton Bay 100

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:12 am

notwal wrote:I missed it altogether. I didn't know it was on.
Where did you hear about it?


+1, i would have been keen, i remember there being a 100k charity ride (i think for MS), was that it?
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 6539
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: Moreton Bay 100

Postby mcarrigg » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:20 pm

ldrcycles wrote:+1, i would have been keen, i remember there being a 100k charity ride (i think for MS), was that it?


No your thinking of the Brissie to the Bay Ride in July I think.

The Moreton Bay 100 was a small charity ride from Lawnton around redcliffe and out D'Bay and Narangba for a local Lions Club Youth program
Image
mcarrigg
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: Moreton Bay 100

Postby sumgy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:33 am

mcarrigg wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:+1, i would have been keen, i remember there being a 100k charity ride (i think for MS), was that it?


No your thinking of the Brissie to the Bay Ride in July I think.

The Moreton Bay 100 was a small charity ride from Lawnton around redcliffe and out D'Bay and Narangba for a local Lions Club Youth program


Actually I heard about that because someone posted on another forum about there being a "Zupps ride" on that day.
Seems it was not well promoted as that was the only word I had of it until now.
User avatar
sumgy
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Moreton Bay 100

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:22 pm

mcarrigg wrote:No your thinking of the Brissie to the Bay Ride in July I think.


Yes that was the one i was thinking of. It's a pity there wasn't more publicity about this one, hopefully it's on again next year.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 6539
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Moreton Bay 100

Postby Hux » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:24 pm

Good course but some critical areas were not marshalled or some clowns had removed signs. We lost about 6pm from a missed turn.
If they did better with gps courses those of us with gamins could follow a route
Charity was youth program local area.
Will definitely do it again next year.
Hux
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 9:19 pm

Re: Moreton Bay 100

Postby colaiacw » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:49 am

notwal wrote:I missed it altogether. I didn't know it was on.
Where did you hear about it?


I had a flyer on my car after completing the Ipswich 100 back in April. The ride started at Lawnton and is promoted by the Lions club. Here is a link to the web site, http://moretonbay100.org.au/Home.htm.
Merida Scultura Evo 909 Full Dura Ace (Weekender) & Merida HFS 904 Com Full Ultegra (Trainer)

When you feel yourself struggling up a hill, just get over it!
User avatar
colaiacw
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:42 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: Moreton Bay 100

Postby colaiacw » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:52 am

Hux wrote:Good course but some critical areas were not marshalled or some clowns had removed signs. We lost about 6pm from a missed turn.
If they did better with gps courses those of us with gamins could follow a route
Charity was youth program local area.
Will definitely do it again next year.


Yes, i feel that someone took some signs midway as a souvenir :?: Hopefully next years event I will complete the whole 100km :oops:
Merida Scultura Evo 909 Full Dura Ace (Weekender) & Merida HFS 904 Com Full Ultegra (Trainer)

When you feel yourself struggling up a hill, just get over it!
User avatar
colaiacw
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:42 am
Location: Brisbane


Return to Queensland

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit