Cool track photo thread

Where speeds may exceed 60 kmph

Cool track photo thread

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:54 pm

This forum's been quite lately, so I thought I would start posting interesting track photos as I come across them.

Image
User avatar
bigfriendlyvegan
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Denistone, NSW

by BNA » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:21 pm

BNA
 

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby rkelsen » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Holy smokes! That head tube is longer than the fork legs... :lol:

Would they be 700c wheels?
User avatar
rkelsen
 
Posts: 4334
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby scotto » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:29 am

he is 7 ft tall according to the text !!
User avatar
scotto
 
Posts: 2350
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Baulkham Hills

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:42 am

72cm frame!
User avatar
bigfriendlyvegan
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Denistone, NSW

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:53 pm

There would be some serious flex in that frame, when he got out of the seat to kick! :shock:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image
User avatar
foo on patrol
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:16 pm

He would fail on this track:

Image
User avatar
bigfriendlyvegan
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Denistone, NSW

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Certainly would! He'd head butt the other riders. :mrgreen:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image
User avatar
foo on patrol
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby rkelsen » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:21 am

foo on patrol wrote:There would be some serious flex in that frame, when he got out of the seat to kick! :shock:

Absolutely. And how's the wheelbase on the thing. It's a friggin' bus! :lol:
User avatar
rkelsen
 
Posts: 4334
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:21 pm

Image
User avatar
bigfriendlyvegan
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Denistone, NSW

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:00 pm

^^ Bloody show off! ^^ :lol:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image
User avatar
foo on patrol
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby sumgy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:33 pm

Thought I would resurrect this thread:

Image

Image
User avatar
sumgy
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby teamdanby » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:12 pm

what track are those photos from?
Daily comuter
Gaint XTC mtb
city slicker wheels for the week
kenda nevegal for the tracks on the weekends
teamdanby
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:48 pm
Location: Port Macquarie NSW

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby high_tea » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:41 pm

teamdanby wrote:what track are those photos from?


Looks like Chandler to me.
high_tea
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby sumgy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:50 am

high_tea wrote:
teamdanby wrote:what track are those photos from?


Looks like Chandler to me.


Correct
User avatar
sumgy
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:44 am

Image
User avatar
bigfriendlyvegan
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Denistone, NSW

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby teamdanby » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:32 pm

i live in a area tottaly VOID of velodromes
these photos are really makeing me wish we did have one but
i still have my tack bike hanging up from my jr days and now with loseing weight and getting fittnes back it really make me want to get it down fix her up a tad dust off and get onto a track
Daily comuter
Gaint XTC mtb
city slicker wheels for the week
kenda nevegal for the tracks on the weekends
teamdanby
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:48 pm
Location: Port Macquarie NSW

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby scratchman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:54 am

teamdanby wrote:i live in a area tottaly VOID of velodromes
these photos are really makeing me wish we did have one but
i still have my tack bike hanging up from my jr days and now with loseing weight and getting fittnes back it really make me want to get it down fix her up a tad dust off and get onto a track


I did it, so why don't you, even if it involves a bit of a drive, there's nothing like track riding :D
Phil
scratchman
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Carapooee, central victoria

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby teamdanby » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:49 pm

scratchman wrote:
teamdanby wrote:i live in a area tottaly VOID of velodromes
these photos are really makeing me wish we did have one but
i still have my tack bike hanging up from my jr days and now with loseing weight and getting fittnes back it really make me want to get it down fix her up a tad dust off and get onto a track


I did it, so why don't you, even if it involves a bit of a drive, there's nothing like track riding :D

mainly because it is now a three hour drive to get to the closest track for me and thats only one way :roll:
been talk off and on about getting one in the area and i'm still liveing in hope one day someone will be able to do it
Daily comuter
Gaint XTC mtb
city slicker wheels for the week
kenda nevegal for the tracks on the weekends
teamdanby
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:48 pm
Location: Port Macquarie NSW

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:27 pm

teamdanby wrote:
scratchman wrote:
teamdanby wrote:i live in a area tottaly VOID of velodromes
these photos are really makeing me wish we did have one but
i still have my tack bike hanging up from my jr days and now with loseing weight and getting fittnes back it really make me want to get it down fix her up a tad dust off and get onto a track


I did it, so why don't you, even if it involves a bit of a drive, there's nothing like track riding :D

mainly because it is now a three hour drive to get to the closest track for me and thats only one way :roll:
been talk off and on about getting one in the area and i'm still liveing in hope one day someone will be able to do it


Do you have some land close by? Possibly council land not doing anything? An old sports oval? Yes? GRASS TRACK CYCLING!!!!!

Image

Image
User avatar
bigfriendlyvegan
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Denistone, NSW

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby teamdanby » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:33 pm

thats just nuts!
atleast the falls would be soft
Daily comuter
Gaint XTC mtb
city slicker wheels for the week
kenda nevegal for the tracks on the weekends
teamdanby
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:48 pm
Location: Port Macquarie NSW

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby HappyHumber » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:15 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:Do you have some land close by? Possibly council land not doing anything? An old sports oval? Yes? GRASS TRACK CYCLING!!!!


Cyclo-cross for wusses?
- Kym
Please don't assume I'm on Facebook.
User avatar
HappyHumber
 
Posts: 4174
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:48 pm
Location: Perth, (S.o.R.) W.A.

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:36 pm

HappyHumber wrote:
bigfriendlyvegan wrote:Do you have some land close by? Possibly council land not doing anything? An old sports oval? Yes? GRASS TRACK CYCLING!!!!


Cyclo-cross for wusses?


cyclo-cross is grass track for wusses.
User avatar
bigfriendlyvegan
 
Posts: 3097
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:18 pm
Location: Denistone, NSW

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:59 am

I have raced on some Showground tracks and you would be supprised at how fast they are. 8)

The one downfall is, the dirt flies up into your eyes (goggles on) and you need to clean the chain after the racing. :wink:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image
User avatar
foo on patrol
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby brentono » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:11 pm

Foo,
I am with you mate, plenty of showgrounds for me (they can be fast) :wink:
One meet from memory (early 70's), raced a top pacer at the opening of
Byford Trotting Complex, here, plenty of dirt flying, and I out-raced the pacer,
winning over 1000m (sat in, and sprinted).
Russell Roberts sponsored me, so I did it as an exhibition.
It was a race and pretty fast at that.
Will stick up the photo at a later date.
:mrgreen:
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3674
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: Cool track photo thread

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:35 pm

That would be good Brentono. :)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image
User avatar
foo on patrol
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Next

Return to Track

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit