Le Tour De Norfy

BarryTas
Posts: 1252
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:53 am
Location: Hobart

Le Tour De Norfy

Postby BarryTas » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:47 am

30/10/2011

38km, 76km or 106km ride

who eles is comming?

http://www.claremontrotary.org.au/Derwent/


PS i would love to bum a lift of some one to get there, i will pay ofr petrol and you and have a free wheel suck
when do we stop for coffee???

Image

doggatas
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby doggatas » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:20 am

IM thinking of having a go Barry, more than welcome to a lift up to the Valley of Love, although I suspect your wheel is pretty safe going on current levels of fitness.

BarryTas
Posts: 1252
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:53 am
Location: Hobart

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby BarryTas » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:39 am

doggatas wrote:IM thinking of having a go Barry, more than welcome to a lift up to the Valley of Love, although I suspect your wheel is pretty safe going on current levels of fitness.



cheers, PM sent
when do we stop for coffee???

Image

RobRollin
Posts: 1792
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:44 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby RobRollin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Ill be racing in New Norfolk.....so should Barry...
Image

User avatar
skull
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby skull » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:36 pm

RobRollin wrote:Ill be racing in New Norfolk.....so should Barry...


Am just quoting this in case Barry missed the earlier post.

BarryTas
Posts: 1252
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:53 am
Location: Hobart

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby BarryTas » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:18 pm

RobRollin wrote:Ill be racing in New Norfolk.....so should Barry...



i will be, but over 106kms
when do we stop for coffee???

Image

RobRollin
Posts: 1792
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:44 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby RobRollin » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Thats not a Vets or CT sanctioned event therefore doesnt count...
Image

User avatar
skull
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby skull » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Well if you ride to Norfick, do the vets race (a real race), then ride home you can even exceed the km amount. :D

By the way I am not doing any of it so I cannot accuse anyone of doing a soft option regardless of what they go for.

BarryTas
Posts: 1252
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:53 am
Location: Hobart

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby BarryTas » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:11 am

lots of talk about this ride out there


should be a good turn out and the weather is also looking good
when do we stop for coffee???

Image

master6
Posts: 2725
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: depends on who is asking, and why.

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby master6 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:25 am

Some very interesting comments here. The degree of jest V seriousness could be interesting. I was going to slip the last three into a blender, switch it on full speed, and wait to see the result. Might even throw in a bit from the "Why dont you race thread"

Alas, I am lost. How do you include more than one quote when you go to Reply?

BarryTas
Posts: 1252
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:53 am
Location: Hobart

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby BarryTas » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:51 pm

anyhew, jest and seriousness aside, this is looking to be a great day for local cycling
when do we stop for coffee???

Image

User avatar
skull
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby skull » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:46 pm

It should be good, I am marshalling the vets race there on Sunday and will be hanging around.

master6
Posts: 2725
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: depends on who is asking, and why.

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby master6 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:48 pm

BarryTas wrote:anyhew, jest and seriousness aside, this is looking to be a great day for local cycling

Barry, you missed the serious side; I asked a serious question: "How do I quote 3 people in my reply"?

BarryTas
Posts: 1252
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:53 am
Location: Hobart

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby BarryTas » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:07 pm

master6 wrote:
BarryTas wrote:anyhew, jest and seriousness aside, this is looking to be a great day for local cycling

Barry, you missed the serious side; I asked a serious question: "How do I quote 3 people in my reply"?


Master you're asking the wrong person, i dont even know how to post an image :(
when do we stop for coffee???

Image

master6
Posts: 2725
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: depends on who is asking, and why.

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby master6 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:43 pm

BarryTas wrote:
master6 wrote:
BarryTas wrote:anyhew, jest and seriousness aside, this is looking to be a great day for local cycling

Barry, you missed the serious side; I asked a serious question: "How do I quote 3 people in my reply"?


Master you're asking the wrong person, i dont even know how to post an image :(


The blind leading the blind?

Perhaps some kind soul will help both of us.

RobRollin
Posts: 1792
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:44 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby RobRollin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Hit quote on whatever has been replied to and that should do it


Well I am racing on Sunday - graded scratch. Looking forward to it. Master6 are you racing?
Image

master6
Posts: 2725
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: depends on who is asking, and why.

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby master6 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:52 pm

RobRollin wrote:Hit quote on whatever has been replied to and that should do it


Well I am racing on Sunday - graded scratch. Looking forward to it. Master6 are you racing?

I am doing the Tour de Norfy, which is being sponsored by our regular Wednesday Richmond rider, Nigel Heaven of PMM Real Estate.

I want to incorporate two postings into a reply, and find that when I hit quote in the first one, I cant get to see the second one to hit the quote on it. Does that make sense?

Baldy
Posts: 1669
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby Baldy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 pm

skull wrote:It should be good, I am marshalling the vets race there on Sunday and will be hanging around.


There is one reason for me to race. The club champ in my div is on roster duty :mrgreen:

BarryTas wrote:anyhew, jest and seriousness aside, this is looking to be a great day for local cycling


I agree. Its nice to be spoilt with choice, the only downside is I still cant decide...

master6 wrote:I want to incorporate two postings into a reply, and find that when I hit quote in the first one, I cant get to see the second one to hit the quote on it. Does that make sense?


When you scroll down to see the previous posts in the Topic Review part, while you are writing yours, the quote button should still be in the top righthand corner of each reply.

User avatar
Giant Pete
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:03 pm
Location: Kingston, Tasmania
Contact:

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby Giant Pete » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:39 am

As a newcomer, I will be doing the 76k leg.
However, I am facing peer pressure to upgrade to the 100k. Very daunting considering I have been on a mountain bike only for the last 8 years and pick up my new roadie this week.

How long does the 100k take?
I can usually push out 50k on the MTB in a couple of hours - down Kingston way where it's all hills.

I've been looking forward to this for a couple of months.

master6
Posts: 2725
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: depends on who is asking, and why.

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby master6 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:10 pm

Giant Pete wrote:As a newcomer, I will be doing the 76k leg.
However, I am facing peer pressure to upgrade to the 100k. Very daunting considering I have been on a mountain bike only for the last 8 years and pick up my new roadie this week.

How long does the 100k take?
I can usually push out 50k on the MTB in a couple of hours - down Kingston way where it's all hills.

I've been looking forward to this for a couple of months.

If you can do that on a MTB, the 100k on a road bike is within your reach.

User avatar
Giant Pete
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:03 pm
Location: Kingston, Tasmania
Contact:

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby Giant Pete » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:40 pm

master6 wrote:
Giant Pete wrote:As a newcomer, I will be doing the 76k leg.

If you can do that on a MTB, the 100k on a road bike is within your reach.


Nice. Thanks.

RobRollin
Posts: 1792
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:44 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby RobRollin » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:00 pm

So who did it? Funnily enough I didnt see anyone at all today, not one Norfy rider only Vets.
Image

User avatar
skull
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby skull » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:31 pm

RobRollin wrote:So who did it? Funnily enough I didnt see anyone at all today, not one Norfy rider only Vets.


They were behind us. As the A graders started the first of the tour de norfy riders were starting to come down the hill before the pump house.

I know BarryTas and Masters 6 rode the tour de norfy, also I say ray there this morning as well.

On a side note, driving back home after the vets race today there was an ambo going flat stick lights and sirens from norfik towards town. I hope it had nothing to do with the tour de norfy ride.

master6
Posts: 2725
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: depends on who is asking, and why.

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby master6 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:39 pm

skull wrote:
RobRollin wrote:So who did it? Funnily enough I didnt see anyone at all today, not one Norfy rider only Vets.


They were behind us. As the A graders started the first of the tour de norfy riders were starting to come down the hill before the pump house.

I know BarryTas and Masters 6 rode the tour de norfy, also I say ray there this morning as well.

On a side note, driving back home after the vets race today there was an ambo going flat stick lights and sirens from norfik towards town. I hope it had nothing to do with the tour de norfy ride.

I did the T de N , but heard nothing of an ambulance. Saw a couple of people with minor leg abrasions, and heard that 4 or 5 people came to grief at the dreaded rail crossing. Apparently that is about par for the course.
A cool but dry ride, and , of course, "it wasn't a race".

LIARS!

RobRollin
Posts: 1792
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:44 pm
Location: Hobart, Tasmania

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby RobRollin » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:49 pm

Defintely not a race... :shock:

Many riders turned up to the Vets and the ride back to town was a race after the race.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rodgerbiltit