Anyone for a little ceremonial MTB riding? Newbies welcome!

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:51 pm

HappyHumber wrote:*bump*

Right.. after a bit of encouragement from reading this thread and some minimal goading from my mate - this arvo I slapped down a deposit on an XTC1. Should have it next weekend - dunno if that factored in this long weekend however.

My LBS talked me around from the XTC2. Got a new road morph pump, some eggbeater Cs, a hydration bladder, spare brake pads and new U-lock all thrown in for a smidge over $2K.

I'm excited! :D
Cool! Sounds like we'll be seeing you on the next dirt ride then.

Are you free during the week at all? I know you won't have the bike this week, but a mate and I are taking another newbie out on Wed or Thurs (he's buying an XtC2). We may end up doing quite a few mid-week rides in the future. You're welcome to join us (as is anyone else who is free).

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:33 pm

Kalgrm wrote: Are you free during the week at all? I know you won't have the bike this week, but a mate and I are taking another newbie out on Wed or Thurs (he's buying an XtC2).
Sure.. though the days are getting shorter. I am keen to check out some of the tracks you've mentioned. (Never did see those Google Maps links & directions you promised in the OP ;)

As soon as I get mine home I'll probably head out on some of the little tracks around my place in the Cannington/Ferndale river flats area. I've seen lots of little dirt tracks leading off the cemented shared paths following the Canning River down to Gosnells etc.

I hopped on my mates Orange Evo 4 HT he bought back from the UK just last week - and it was the first time I'd ridden a free-wheel bike for about 9 months. Yeesh! Not to mention the snappiness of the Hydraulic brakes which I'm not yet used to either. It's probably going to take a little bit of (re)adjustment for me.

Kym
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.