Anyone for a little ceremonial MTB riding? Newbies welcome!

Postby Kalgrm » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:51 pm

HappyHumber wrote:*bump*

Right.. after a bit of encouragement from reading this thread and some minimal goading from my mate - this arvo I slapped down a deposit on an XTC1. Should have it next weekend - dunno if that factored in this long weekend however.

My LBS talked me around from the XTC2. Got a new road morph pump, some eggbeater Cs, a hydration bladder, spare brake pads and new U-lock all thrown in for a smidge over $2K.

I'm excited! :D

Cool! Sounds like we'll be seeing you on the next dirt ride then.

Are you free during the week at all? I know you won't have the bike this week, but a mate and I are taking another newbie out on Wed or Thurs (he's buying an XtC2). We may end up doing quite a few mid-week rides in the future. You're welcome to join us (as is anyone else who is free).

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------------------------
My web site: www.scenebyhird.com
---------------------------------------
The Bicycle Transportation Alliance
Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

by BNA » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:33 am

BNA

Postby HappyHumber » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:33 am

Kalgrm wrote:Are you free during the week at all? I know you won't have the bike this week, but a mate and I are taking another newbie out on Wed or Thurs (he's buying an XtC2).

Sure.. though the days are getting shorter. I am keen to check out some of the tracks you've mentioned. (Never did see those Google Maps links & directions you promised in the OP ;)

As soon as I get mine home I'll probably head out on some of the little tracks around my place in the Cannington/Ferndale river flats area. I've seen lots of little dirt tracks leading off the cemented shared paths following the Canning River down to Gosnells etc.

I hopped on my mates Orange Evo 4 HT he bought back from the UK just last week - and it was the first time I'd ridden a free-wheel bike for about 9 months. Yeesh! Not to mention the snappiness of the Hydraulic brakes which I'm not yet used to either. It's probably going to take a little bit of (re)adjustment for me.

Kym
Do you enjoy talking in circles? Love arguing over silly semantics with like minded people?
Try an online forum today!
HappyHumber

Previous

Return to Western Australia