102kms
32.7kmph
3:05hrs

as i left to ride back home i saw an ambo and fire truck leave NN
when do we stop for coffee???

johnm_oz

Re: Le Tour De Norfy

Postby johnm_oz » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:02 am

Being a complete newcomer to riding I did the 38K only, ended up being about 42K. A couple of firsts for me, the longest I've ridden without pause, the first time I've ridden in a (albeit rather straggly) group, the first flat tyre- bugger.

Had a lot of fun, but felt for those who came to grief on the railway line, there were a couple there being reskinned when I went passed and I heard of a couple more behind me, nothing serious tho I believe.

Cheers
JM

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:36 pm

Well done JM. Do you ride with any groups? This is the way to learn quickly. Try the bike shop rides, or the coffee shop rides, such as the Dome Coffee Shop ride.

johnm_oz

Postby johnm_oz » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:01 pm

master6 wrote:Well done JM. Do you ride with any groups? This is the way to learn quickly. Try the bike shop rides, or the coffee shop rides, such as the Dome Coffee Shop ride.
Thanks, Master. I'm retiring at the end of the year- thus the new bike, so I'm hoping to hook up with Wednesday vets at Richmond fairly soon.

Cheers
JM

master6

Postby master6 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:11 pm

johnm_oz wrote:
master6 wrote:Well done JM. Do you ride with any groups? This is the way to learn quickly. Try the bike shop rides, or the coffee shop rides, such as the Dome Coffee Shop ride.
Thanks, Master. I'm retiring at the end of the year- thus the new bike, so I'm hoping to hook up with Wednesday vets at Richmond fairly soon.

Cheers
JM
That is great news. See you there. It is a very enjoyable atmosphere, both on the ride, and back at the bakery for coffee.
A word of warning:- 'Believe nothing of what you hear there, and half of what you see!" :D :D :D

BenevolantDictatorD

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Plug it into the calendar team - 28th of October - very soon :mrgreen: .

http://www.claremontrotary.org.au/derwent/