ride from milton to bowen hills

Stoo

ride from milton to bowen hills

Postby Stoo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:11 pm

i often ride from the city to fortitude valley for work however i have recently moved to another office in Bowen hills.
in the past id ride along corro drive, past south bank and kangaroo cliffs, over the bridge into the valley to get to work

i was wondering if there is a safe reasonable traffic free way to go from directly from say corro drive / milton to Bowen hills or even at worst from the valley to Bowen hills without having to battle the early-morning-rush-to-work traffic. the only thing i can see is riding down wichkham street / breakfast creek road then shoot up edmondstone rd....however just watching the traffic this morning kinda makes me think that its a death trap.

i ride road bike so i will not be jumping kerbs or riding on narrow footpaths.....im happy to share the road as long as there is a designated lane / space for bikes.
2004 Argon 18 Radon
2012 Argon 18 krypton
2010 Argon 18 Gallium Pro
2013 Argon 18 E-116

sumgy

Re: ride from milton to bowen hills

Postby sumgy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:33 pm

Coro Drive bikeway, through Roma Street Parklands and then take the bikeway past grammar and City Golf Club through to the Hospital before heading across to Bowen Hills via Gregory or O'Connell Tce?

lethoso

Postby lethoso » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:47 pm

Stoo wrote:the only thing i can see is riding down wichkham street / breakfast creek road then shoot up edmondstone rd....however just watching the traffic this morning kinda makes me think that its a death trap.
Meh, I ride it every day, it's not so bad. The run down wickham street is fine, easy to stick with the traffic, just watch out for people playing silly buggers in the left lane/turning left from the middle. Breakfast creek road is ok, but you do get a few knobs cutting in a bit close to get to the left turn to Edmonstone ahead of you.

franklin

Postby franklin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:55 am

yeah - as stated above - access the parklands then just as you get to the land bridge at york's hollow, turn right.
follow the service road out to Gregory Tce and then I'd go all the way to the end of gregory and left at Brookes, right into montpellier, left at Cintra, right at Folkstone...

Stoo

Postby Stoo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:21 am

cheers for that....i will have to give this a try on the weekend to get familiar with the way.
2004 Argon 18 Radon
2012 Argon 18 krypton
2010 Argon 18 Gallium Pro
2013 Argon 18 E-116

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:48 pm

sumgy wrote:Coro Drive bikeway, through Roma Street Parklands and then take the bikeway past grammar and City Golf Club through to the Hospital before heading across to Bowen Hills via Gregory or O'Connell Tce?
i do most of that everyday and it's great. may not be the shortest (especially with having to go across the go between and kirulpa bridges at the moment) but it's predominantly car free

EDIT: make sure you have a warning device. it's definitely required for the section behind the grammar schools. path is not that wide and pedestrians walk 3-4 wide.