Brisbane to Gold Coast 2011

Retro man

Re: Brisbane to Gold Coast 2011

Postby Retro man » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:03 am

Sorry guys I should have been more specific I ment the questions for the Rainbow ride from Byron.
Gitane Criterium. Puch mistral SE. Manhattan Flyer.

nitramluap

Postby nitramluap » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:33 am

Awesome day. Here is my perspective:

Good to chat to you on the day 'ezzy', both at the start and when I passed you 8)
My bike is heavier than your bike. :D

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:07 am

Excellent video N (what's your nick mean?).
Would love to know what camera and editing software you use.

This was the first time I've started in the 30+ group. Was surprised how many riders I still had to pass. Maybe they can have a 35+ group next year, and not let the slower groups jump the start, as I heard the 25 group did this year.

nitramluap

Postby nitramluap » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:15 am

winstonw wrote:Excellent video N (what's your nick mean?).
Would love to know what camera and editing software you use.

Thanks. nitramluap is just my name backwards - Paul Martin :) It started out years ago when Hotmail began (before MS got their hands on it) and I missed out being paulmartin@hotmail.com by a few hundred, so I just flipped my name. Most people don't see it, some do.

The camera is a GoPro Hero HD, mounted with some stick-on mounts on the body of the velomobile. They've not fallen off yet! I also have a suction cup mount which allows me to put it in various locations on the bike without ruining the bodywork. Editing is mostly done with Final Cut Pro X on my iMac.
winstonw wrote:This was the first time I've started in the 30+ group. Was surprised how many riders I still had to pass. Maybe they can have a 35+ group next year, and not let the slower groups jump the start, as I heard the 25 group did this year.
I don't think adding an extra group will make much difference as there were plenty of people in the 30+ group who couldn't maintain that average, plus there were many blue riders riding at the very start - most of the people I passed early on in that video, including some children!

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:40 am

nitramluap wrote:Most people don't see it, some do..
ah yes, the hangover from hotmail days. was a challenge to find a unique name, but quite necessary to avoid spammers.
nitramluap wrote:The camera is a GoPro Hero HD, mounted with some stick-on mounts on the body of the velomobile. They've not fallen off yet! I also have a suction cup mount which allows me to put it in various locations on the bike without ruining the bodywork. Editing is mostly done with Final Cut Pro X on my iMac.

I don't think adding an extra group will make much difference as there were plenty of people in the 30+ group who couldn't maintain that average, plus there were many blue riders riding at the very start - most of the people I passed early on in that video, including some children!
thanks for vid info.

I heard some red riders got in amongst the front blue riders. Those reds took off with the reds in the 30+ lane, and triggered the blues to go....and there was no effective marshaling to deal with it apparently.

nitramluap

Postby nitramluap » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:47 am

winstonw wrote: I heard some red riders got in amongst the front blue riders. Those reds took off with the reds in the 30+ lane, and triggered the blues to go....and there was no effective marshaling to deal with it apparently.
That would explain it. There were a few people pushing in (see 3:17 in the video for two of them) and many people were starting FROM the busway stations!

franklin

Postby franklin » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:22 pm

excellent video paul!

nitramluap

Postby nitramluap » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:57 pm

franklin wrote:excellent video paul!

Le Velo

Postby Le Velo » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Awesome Video Paul .... Jealous I couldn't be there on the day
BTW I see you often around the Richlands area on the bikepath do you live / work around here?
I'm in Forest Lake

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:01 pm

nitramluap wrote:
winstonw wrote: nitramluap is just my name backwards
Mate that has been driving me nuts every time i see one of your posts, trying to work out WHAT ON EARTH 'nitramluap' could possibly mean and if it was some kind of velo slang! :lol:
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

nitramluap

Postby nitramluap » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:27 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
nitramluap wrote:
winstonw wrote: nitramluap is just my name backwards
Mate that has been driving me nuts every time i see one of your posts, trying to work out WHAT ON EARTH 'nitramluap' could possibly mean and if it was some kind of velo slang! :lol:
Haha! Well know you know! :lol:

Someone actually threatened me on this forum by 'outing' my true identity. I've never really hidden it so it didn't worry me... ;)

notwal

Postby notwal » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:03 am

Great vid Paul. I relived the ride :D . You obviously put some work into it.

I was interested to see your shot of the engine room. Pedalling in your undies were you :lol:
judged, insulted, gone

nitramluap

Postby nitramluap » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:09 am

notwal wrote:Great vid Paul. I relived the ride :D . You obviously put some work into it.

I was interested to see your shot of the engine room. Pedalling in your undies were you :lol:
The running shorts help keep all equipment at normal operating temperatures 8)

michaelbarring

Postby michaelbarring » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Three huge cheers to all the volunteers, sponsors, support crew and vendors who made the event happen. Details of next year's event will be released in the coming weeks.