Riding Group/Partner - Kenthurst/Castle Hill Area

j.l.c

Riding Group/Partner - Kenthurst/Castle Hill Area

Postby j.l.c » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:39 am

Hi all, I am new to the forum, obviously given this is my first post.

About 4 months ago i signed up for a 160km charity ride in Janurary, so i took the opportunity to use it as an excuse to buy myself a road bike and start riding. I bought a Giant Defy II pretty standard entry level bike (though already looking at upgrading to a 2012 pinarello fp quattro when they arrive).

I have found the sport quite addicitve and ride every weekend weather permitting. Usually the M7 or just some local roads. 95% of my riding i do alone and i am looking for a group to ride with in my area. I havent found any local clubs so if any one lives in the area, or knows of people who ride in the area can you please flick me a message so i can get in contact.

leximack

Re: Riding Group/Partner - Kenthurst/Castle Hill Area

Postby leximack » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:01 pm

head on over to the nsw section for more location specific stuff
regular group ride every tuesday night leaving at 6.15pm from sunnyholt rd to prestons and return (maccas stop at prestons, regroup at eliz dr both ways)
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... start=8600
You must read all 345 pages though as there will be a quiz on your first ride :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Also most sat mornings usually leaving the tway end (norweat) at aboput 7.30am. Similar people from the tuesday night ride so you would need to confirm the sat ride as not always on or may go to a different location. We communicate mainly in the tuesday night thread and hook up rides through there mainly

fringe_dweller

Postby fringe_dweller » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:05 am

Also (allegedly) group rides from the Trek store out Rouse Hill at 6.30am on Saturday mornings. Haven't joined them myself, but within a range for you.

Grant

cagou67

Postby cagou67 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Yes there is a 6.30am group ride leaving from the Trek store. They usually have two groups a very fast one and a not so fast. The ride goes from rouse hill up around Richmond air base and return. The not so fast group stay as a group and stop for punctures/repairs. Let the Trek guys know when you turn up that its your first ride with them and they usually keep an eye out for you. I've done the ride a few times now and its a nice ride to do.