Ride for Bikes Macedon Ranges

Madone SSL

Ride for Bikes Macedon Ranges

Postby Madone SSL » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Great Bike Ride in the Macedon Ranges on Sunday 13 November run by the Cambodian Kids Foundation to buy bikes for the kids they look after and pay for their education. Hanging Rock for recreational riders (60ks) The Memorial Cross Mt Macedon for serious rider (110ks), plus a 95k option .The road riding in the Macedon Ranges is real nice and pretty quiet roads with one set of lights for the whole ride. Beats riding Beach Road or a Freeway!

You get a free jersey if you enter on line early. Trek demo bikes at the end :P if you want to test ride some nice fast carbon :P and the food and support is right up there.

vanderblitz

Re: Ride for Bikes Macedon Ranges

Postby vanderblitz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:34 am

Thanks for the info, I think I will be doing this ride, need to train my climbing legs for the Audax Alpine Classics and the 3 Peaks ride coming up next year..

Madone SSL

Re: Ride for Bikes Macedon Ranges

Postby Madone SSL » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Mt Macedon is a perfect training ride for the Alpine Classic. there are 3 ways up the Mount on bitumen and if you do all three its a really good training ride. The Ride for Bikes ride goes all the way up to The Cross but the gradient is the easiest way up, which has the greatest appeal to most recreational cyclists.