Which is the sensible route to return to Adelaide Amy's ride

matth

Re: Which is the sensible route to return to Adelaide Amy's

Postby matth » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:13 pm

Enricopalazzo wrote:http://app.strava.com/rides/2229922

And that pot hole was nasty, caught out my mate who now has a broken front campagnolo bora wheel, poor bloke.
That one nearly caught me... not many riders were keen on hand signals IMHO and I saw it just in time to bunny-hop over and then signal but I did hear someone a few bikes back hit it.

Maybe a suggestion for BikeSA to provide a flyer with riding "etiquette" with numbers for these rides ?

I was planing the 65km and thn a ride home but ended up following the route till the 95km mark before peeling off home so 118km all up.

feeltherush

Postby feeltherush » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Bike SA response below, they seem to be as responsive as they can be with something like this:

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for your email. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed Amy’s Ride on Sunday and we thank you for your feedback regarding the pothole near Old Noarlunga.

Rest assured we do take all matters of safety seriously and we shall investigate the matter further with Onkaparinga Council who have responsibility for this road.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We certainly appreciate your concern.

Kind regards

RUSSELL MIATKE
Events Manager

Bike SA
Phone 08 8168 9999
Fax 08 8168 9988
www.bikesa.asn.au <www.bikesa.asn.au>
"Don't Wish It Were Easier... Wish You Were Better!"

you cannot be sirrus

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:50 pm

The guy I rode with works in the area and he told me he advised the council and bike SA about a pot hole (I assume it is this one) last week.

nusha

Postby nusha » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:15 pm

you cannot be sirrus wrote:The guy I rode with works in the area and he told me he advised the council and bike SA about a pot hole (I assume it is this one) last week.

Can you confirm this>
That pothole has ruined my wheels. It was a dangerous, and completely preventable hazard on the road.
It makes me so angry that it was not fixed (or even just coned off) in an event aimed at promoting cycling safety!
Even though I'm light, it has caused severe damage to my $2000 wheelset, I guess I should consider myself lucky that travelling at that speed I didn't bring down the pack of 15 guys around me.
I am not going to let this go. I feel the council and organisers are to blame. Please reply if you have had similar problems/ or are aware the council/bikesa were informed of this prior to sunday.