Indi Condor

filpee

Indi Condor

Postby filpee » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:16 pm

Indi Condor

Not long after receiving this frame I fitted it out with some new Alex rims and a flip flop hub.

Unfortunately the steering didn't feel right so after pulling the headset apart I noticed one of the races was badly pitted.

Not wanting to replace the entire headset I pinched some bits off a donor bike. The original headset looks pretty nice to me :-)

I have a new crank/bottom bracket and chain on the way so stay tuned for updates 8)

ldrcycles

Re: Indi Condor

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Looks nice, and i like that headset too :) .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:13 pm

What's the plan with the paint?

I reckon it'd clean up nice as is.... some nice chrome & silver componentry will make for a nice subtle original lookin' ride, imho.

Did very much the same for a mate with an Indi Hawk of similar vintage with some fixed/free Alex rims.
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

filpee

Postby filpee » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:36 pm

HappyHumber wrote:What's the plan with the paint?

I reckon it'd clean up nice as is.... some nice chrome & silver componentry will make for a nice subtle original lookin' ride, imho.

Did very much the same for a mate with an Indi Hawk of similar vintage with some fixed/free Alex rims.
Still undecided at the moment. There are a few spots of rust and someone seems to have been doing some painting nearby leaving lots of white paint specs on the frame.

As this is my first fixed gear bike for the time being all I am interested in is getting it up and running. After that who knows. I'll give it a good polish and see how it comes out :lol:

Sorted some brakes out today. Yay. Hopefully this means I'll have everything needed to complete it next weekend.

filpee

Postby filpee » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:53 am

All done!. Well nearly, turns out I need to buy yet another tool to screw the bottom bracket on properly.
I am still undecided on the bars, they came off of a smaller bike which is why the rear brake cable doesn't reach (the front one only just) but as I will only be running this fixed the rear brake is not a big issue to me.
I just cannot get comfortable with these bars so thinking of switching to a flat bar. Give it a week or two before my mind is made up.
Also the white cranks/chain doesn't suit the bike.. oh well I can live with it for a while at least anyway

filpee

Postby filpee » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm

whoohoo. bottom bracket tool sorted last night. took it out this morning for its maiden voyage. Good fun :D