Bike24 delivery times?

lucky7

Bike24 delivery times?

Postby lucky7 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Does anyone have any recent experience with orders from Bike24? I ordered a helmet almost 3 weeks ago - and no sign of its arrival. Aside from an email confirming dispatch, I've heard nothing. A tad annoying not getting a tracking number for the package.

Baalzamon

Re: Bike24 delivery times?

Postby Baalzamon » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:08 pm

3-4 weeks is the norm I've found for me
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

sir_camel

Postby sir_camel » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:51 pm

I purchased a Thule 591 ProRide bike carrier and received it in a week and a half.
Bikes Bikes Bikes

brawlo

Postby brawlo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:57 am

My first and possibly last purchase took 3 1/2 weeks just last month. The box containing a set of handlebars and som other bits and bobs looked like it had been used to prop up a shipping container. Close inspection of the bars showed no damage. Think I'll stick to Wiggle. They've been pretty predidctable for me.

lucky7

Postby lucky7 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:31 am

Got a tracking number and did a search...

Ordered 20/10
Shipped to Aus 22/10
Arrived in Aus 5/11

...and has sat in the processing centre since then

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:28 pm

lucky7 wrote:Got a tracking number and did a search...

Ordered 20/10
Shipped to Aus 22/10
Arrived in Aus 5/11

Pretty normal with Bike24.net. Cheaper prices in the main, but very slow delivery. Two to three weeks or more is not unusual. For me their packing is of greater concern (and poor warranty service).

I only go to them for stuff that I am happy wait for, will unlikely need warranty and is unlikely to get damaged in transit :)

Andrew

steve-waters

Postby steve-waters » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:26 am

Sloooooow I had three week wait and that was on top of almost a week before they posted it - but they are cheap.

Some gear the others could not even come close - so trade off i suppose if not in hurry go with them.
Roadie:Merida Scultura Team 2017 Lintaman shoes mid-foot SpeedPlays
MTB:TWE 29er, Fox Terralogic, XT, 3T and TWE wheels

CLP1972

Postby CLP1972 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:46 pm

I've had mixed luck with bike24.. about 1-2 weeks for a couple of packages. that being said the last thing that was ordered took over a month. an email to both bike24 and dhl to enquire where the package was and it appeared 2 days later.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:04 pm

lucky7 wrote:Got a tracking number and did a search...

Ordered 20/10
Shipped to Aus 22/10
Arrived in Aus 5/11

There's a problem in Aus Post at the moment. That's what I was told by a delivery guy. I'm still waiting on a Wiggle package despatched on October 25 when it's been 7 working days or less for every other delivery.

slowK

Postby slowK » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:23 pm

I ordered some wheels from Bike24 and it took just on a month to arrive.

I don't think it's their fault - it was dispatched to DHL quickly; what happens after that is probably DHL's responsibility not the bike shop's.

To their credit, Bike24 sent an email warning about deliver delays (this was around the time of severe weather in Europe), and issued a tracking number.

I used the tracking number on DHL's website and watched the package go to from Germany, to Australia, through customs, "Delivered" (it wasn't), back to Germany 8 hours after "Delivery", back to Australia and finally to me. Not sure why it did two trips to Australia from Europe, but I did get the wheels in good condition.

lucky7

Postby lucky7 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:02 am

I phoned DHL in Australia this morning. They told me that they do not handle the package - it's DHL DE (which is apparently just the German Postal Service). Once it hits Aussie shores, it is handed on to Aus Post. The very helpful bloke from DHL OZ gave me the reference number to punch into Aus Post tracking, but alas it shows no activity yet. He told me that it often won't show any action until it is loaded and ready for delivery. Sounds like they must get a bit of this...when I told him it was from Germany he asked if it was 'bike stuff'.

Oh well....the wait goes on.

lucky7

Postby lucky7 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:49 am

Phoned Aus post yesterday arvo, as their website tracking still said 'No Activity'.

The lady on the phone said it was in the process of being transported from Sydney to Melb. Could not/did not explain why it had a 9 day stop over in Sydney before being sent to Melb for processing/delivery, but from here and other forums, it seems that AusPost is slowing down the domestic leg of a lot of overseas parcels. Perhaps in response to the boom in O/S purchasing...

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:04 pm

My experience with tracked parcels is that Auspost has always been the bottleneck. The few times I have had stuff with a courier it has always been super quick but then you pay handsomely for that service.

Bike24 depending on the time of year is usually 2 weeks door to door in Sydney for me.

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Ok, so I've braced myself for any where upto a months delivery times, and placed my first order with Bike24 last week.

I received an acknowledgement of the order pretty much straight away, but just logging in again this week to check on it, I can't seem to see any record of the order under my account. Most other sites seem to track your history in some form or another. Similarly, I haven't received any shipping advice to say the stuff has at least left Deutschland as yet - should I expect at least that?

Just wondering if this is the way they do it versus some of the UK e-tailers.. . . ?
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

antipodean

Postby antipodean » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Stop wondering and shoot them an email with your questions.
I had a couple of queries about a wheelset and they were very fast with their replies.

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:06 pm

HappyHumber wrote:Ok, so I've braced myself for any where upto a months delivery times, and placed my first order with Bike24 last week.

I received an acknowledgement of the order pretty much straight away, but just logging in again this week to check on it, I can't seem to see any record of the order under my account. Most other sites seem to track your history in some form or another. Similarly, I haven't received any shipping advice to say the stuff has at least left Deutschland as yet - should I expect at least that?

Just wondering if this is the way they do it versus some of the UK e-tailers.. . . ?
You have been spoiled by Wiggle and the super-efficient Royal Mail. It will definitely take longer to receive your Bike24 orders, so be patience is necessary. You will receive a shipment notice which will include a tracking number, so if you don't have it, it hasn't been dispatched yet. Did you check the delivery indicator for the items ordered?
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:20 pm

RonK wrote:You have been spoiled by Wiggle and the super-efficient Royal Mail.
Thought as much from comments here, at least in terms of delivery times.
It will definitely take longer to receive your Bike24 orders, so be patience is necessary. You will receive a shipment notice which will include a tracking number, so if you don't have it, it hasn't been dispatched yet. Did you check the delivery indicator for the items ordered?
Yeah.. they were all little green happy graphs; "versandfertig in 1-2 Werktagen"

Thanks for clarying the other details, Ron. I'll sit back for another week or so before I query them direct.
--

gururug

Postby gururug » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Having an issue with a RoyalMail delivery from tristore.com

Been stuck at "Your package has arrived in Sydney........." now six weeks since the order, they are looking into it for me, and they have been great to deal with.

I wonder why a lot of stores withhold tracking numbers? Be more useful if they sent them straight up. Let's the customer know they have done their part and puts the focus on the courier.

6 weeks is the long limit. Yes, several purchases from Wiggle/c r c etc. up's your expectations.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Bike24 don't have the size of wiggle or c r c and it is also a cultural trait in Germany to expect the customer come to you rather than to go to the customer. It seems Bike24 are a little stuck on the customer service side of things where the UK retailers are really pushing (and doing quite well / improving) as this directly equates to customer satisfaction and sales.
Cycling is in my BNA

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:06 pm

gururug wrote:Having an issue with a RoyalMail delivery from tristore.com

Been stuck at "Your package has arrived in Sydney........." now six weeks since the order, they are looking into it for me, and they have been great to deal with.

I wonder why a lot of stores withhold tracking numbers? Be more useful if they sent them straight up. Let's the customer know they have done their part and puts the focus on the courier.

6 weeks is the long limit. Yes, several purchases from Wiggle/c r c etc. up's your expectations.
I've been having the same problem - an order dispatched on 14 Feb from Dotbike hasn't arrived, but according to the Royal Mail tracking system it arrived in Brisbane on the same day.

Australia Post's tracking page didn't recognise the RM tracking number. I called Australia Post Customer Service (137678) today and the very helpful CSO told me it had been scanned into the George Street P.O. on 27 Feb, but no card has been delivered.

I'll be calling in this afternoon to pick it up.

Edit: Picked up my parcel this afternoon without any problems. Staff at the P.O. were at a loss to explain why no card or reminder had been sent out. But no harm done, I wasn't in a hurry for the item, and it's the first time any of my frequent deliveries has gone astray. Try calling Australia Post Customer Service on 13 76 78.
Last edited by RonK on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:20 pm

HappyHumber wrote:Ok, so I've braced myself for any where upto a months delivery times, and placed my first order with Bike24 last week.

Your email is your record. Bike24 is one of the rare sites that don't record your orders with them. You will get an email when it has been dispatched and you need to check with German DHL for tracking.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:55 am

Dispatch advice received last night.
I'll reset the timer and start the next countdown now I guess.
--

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:14 am

Bits arrived this morning.

Big box to accommodate the rims - and a lot of scrunched up paper padding. Obvious they don't have the extensive packing materials options like \/\/!ggle et al. - but adequately done with what they had.

Probably will order spokes through LBS, just to save on the wait time.
--

MattyK

Postby MattyK » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:16 am

Starting to get annoyed with mine... :evil: Not sure if DHL or Aus post.

Date/time City Status
Wed, 25.07.12 17:11 h
--
The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically

Thu, 26.07.12 18:43 h
Ottendorf-Okrilla, Germany
The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin

Fri, 27.07.12 05:33 h
Saulheim, Germany
The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

Sat, 28.07.12 06:18 h
IPZ-Ffm, Germany
The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: http://auspost.com.au/track/)
This includes a new headlight, it'll be spring before it arrives...

RonK

Postby RonK » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:52 am

MattyK wrote:Starting to get annoyed with mine... :evil:
Are you serious? Didn't you read the preceding posts. Shipments from Bike24 may take up to a month...

Bike24 is a great shop to deal with, but a little forward planning and some patience is required.