Charity Ride around the Downs

Charity Ride around the Downs

Postby Wazza » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:38 pm

Hi All,
Wondering if any of the forumites are partaking in this year's CCIA ride next month. It would be interesting to meet the people behind the names. I will be on my Specialized so come and say Hi! :wink:

For a bit of background on the ride, This annual event is organised by the Petire Lions to raise money for the Childrens Cancer Institute of Aust. This years ride starts at Killarney and finishes at Rosewood and it lasts 5 days. First day is just an afternoon ride of ~50km then the next 4 days will average ~95kms. There are 3 breaks per day so it sort of breaks the daily ride into 4 mini rides of ~ 25kms :wink: .
Each night we camp at showgrounds, council chambers, sports clubs etc. with volunteers transporting our stuff between o/night stops. We are well fed with 3 meals a day as well as fruit and water at the ride breaks (Morning and arvo tea - Snakes and Red Frogs have a habit of showing up as extra sustanance 8) ).
The ride is split into groups according to your ability and the groups are <15kms/hr; 15 - 20kms/hr; 20-25kms/hr and +25kms/hr. Each group has its own support team with vehicles at the front and rear of each group to help keep things safe.
Anyhow I'll try and provide route map on Bikely when it is settled as well as a report after I get back
Waz
Wazza
Mont Ventoux 2014 - Must train hard
Wazza

Return to Queensland