Commonwealth Games Road Route

liquor box

Commonwealth Games Road Route

Postby liquor box » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:28 am

Does anyone know what route the Commonwealth Games Road race will follow? I believe it is based around Ellanora/Curumbin Valley. If anyone knows where it goes or has a link to a map I would love to see it and then have a go at riding it. I wonder if it a circuit where they will do multiple laps or just a long one way route?

I am so happy that we got the games, I notice that the Mountain Bikes are at Hinze Dam and Track events are at Chandler.

marinmomma

Re: Commonwealth Games Road Route

Postby marinmomma » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:36 am

Chandler will require some big money sunk into it to bring it up to a decent standard, we were out there recently and it looks tired, old and neglected....next year will be 30 years since the Brisbane Games and it looks like they've spent nothing on it since then.
Lisa

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:01 pm

marinmomma wrote:Chandler will require some big money sunk into it to bring it up to a decent standard, we were out there recently and it looks tired, old and neglected....next year will be 30 years since the Brisbane Games and it looks like they've spent nothing on it since then.
Allegedly a new indoor velodrome is to be built if the Gold Coast gets the games.
Agree it looks terrible currently and I have to wonder why they could not at least give it a coat of paint and Karcher the track clean.

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:32 pm

sumgy wrote:
marinmomma wrote:Chandler will require some big money sunk into it to bring it up to a decent standard, we were out there recently and it looks tired, old and neglected....next year will be 30 years since the Brisbane Games and it looks like they've spent nothing on it since then.
Allegedly a new indoor velodrome is to be built if the Gold Coast gets the games.
Agree it looks terrible currently and I have to wonder why they could not at least give it a coat of paint and Karcher the track clean.
Yep a whole new indoor veledrome will be built for the games.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Yeah saw that in the paper today...best thing is we won't have to fight the traffic heading down the M1 to go watch!
Lisa

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:12 pm

marinmomma wrote:Yeah saw that in the paper today...best thing is we won't have to fight the traffic heading down the M1 to go watch!
Good luck getting a ticket to watch :lol:

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Worth a shot....if we miss out there's always the telly :wink:
Lisa