Rouse Hill Trek Store ride

Arty

Re: Rouse Hill Trek Store ride

Postby Arty » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:05 pm

TimW wrote:Arty, slow group average 27-30/31 - Fast group average 32-35 or therabouts. The slow group is pretty laid back, jump in mate, thats what i did and i enjoy it.Tim
Thanks TimW... i'll have to get up early enough one of these days and give it a try!

TimW

Postby TimW » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Sounds good, remember there are new people every week, introduce yourself to one of the ride leaders and let them know you are new, and a few others and you will be given helpful assistance, for bunch riding etc.

sli123

Postby sli123 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:39 am

Good ride this morning. 2 groups, YAY :D
Good average speed and a very quick finish.
Two punctures for the group though. Apologies to Russ :oops:
I was torn between staying with you or hammering back to RHTC with the group. Wanted a bit of friendly "racing" so went with the group.

ruscook

Postby ruscook » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:04 pm

3 puncture Stu we left another group in our wake after crossing the railway at Clarendon :oops: They also never caught back up.

That said, it was a great pace doing a fast flat run and I really enjoyed it. Ended up with 94km by the time I got home!
GT Avalanche 1.0 | TCR Alliance 0 | Giant Bowery | BMW K1300R
Two wheels good, Four wheels bad

Brownster

Postby Brownster » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:17 am

Jumped on the back of the bunch out near Richmond RAAF base and got some very nasty looks from one of the Trek outfitted riders. I have ridden with these guys before and they were awesome. Must of been in a sh_tty mood I guess.

sli123

Postby sli123 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:31 am

Sounds odd. It's an open ride...anyone can join in.

wookie661

Postby wookie661 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Hey guys, im a newbie, but i dont mind a bit of a fast ride.

can anyone join in, what day's, time, also im riding a flat bar hybrid, Scott sportster 30 mens.

would i be let down by the speed you guys travel at. i couldn't tell you my average at the moment, as ive has some fast groups and my regular saturday morning ride is a slow group.

just looking to get into some groups, would i be worth me coming with my bike, as its my commutor and my group ride bike, i have a road bike, but its not worth mentioning, its a department store bike. or would it be a waster with you guys on road bikes.

TimW

Postby TimW » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Wookie, here is some information on the rides.
http://www.trekbicyclestore.com.au/news.html

Give the guys a ring at the shop, i am sure they will be able to assist, with any queries you have.

edit

Wookie i just had a look at a couple of your posts, this one causes me concern
* Report this post

Re: Create your own bike lanes ....

Unread postby wookie661 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:22 pm
i will ride on the road when ever i can, although if im in a slow mood and im just cruising, i will roll along the footpath at around <10kph.

saying that, most footpaths around my area, western sydney, are the shared type, the wide ones with the white concrete.

im just not confident enough in riding along the road, so i chose to use a bike path and stay away from the roads, or a footpath in some cases and take it slow as im just cruising home from work.

im on a hybrid bike, so im definately able to use the road but with some road users, its just not safe enough.

If you are not confident yet on the road, bunch rides might not be right for you yet until you build your confidence.But if you ring the shop please let them know this so they can advise accordingly.

wookie661

Postby wookie661 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:12 pm

When I did that I meant it very loosely. I will ride on the road. But where I am at the moment. I ride to with in the wee hours in the morning and the bike paths arethe B
est option.

TimW

Postby TimW » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:08 am

Great ride today despite a pea soup fog for most of the ride.I had a puncture at the start of the ride, then got one during :oops: :oops: , then after coffee, got another one :oops: :oops: not a good morning for punctures all round as there were plenty of peopl/groups changing tubes today.Wonderful day for a ride.Nice to meet Loosenut for the first time this morning, and rode home via the bike path with Steve.Tim
399 k's for the week :D :D :D :D :D
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/76558366

sli123

Postby sli123 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:09 pm

FYI, Easter Saturday Trek ride is on - weather permitting.
Cheers.

TimW

Postby TimW » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:58 am

Great to get out with the Trek guys again this morning for a hitout.Certainly cleaned out some cobwebs lol, Great ride.Tim

sonj

Postby sonj » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:10 pm

I enjoyed it - crowd was great. But being my first time in a group ride I didn't notice the fog or anything but what I needed to stay upright!

Postby 93360 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:17 pm

interested in doing this ride sooner or later.. although it says "NB: If it is raining we will not ride" on the website.. any where to get advanced notice of whether a ride is going ahead or not say if it's been drizzling slightly? also i've only been able to manage an average of 20kph on my hardtail mtb over 80kms so far so am i going to be left behind by all the road bikers? still i'm gonna have to get up a lot earlier to catch this lol.

TimW

Postby TimW » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:39 pm

93360 wrote:interested in doing this ride sooner or later.. although it says "NB: If it is raining we will not ride" on the website.. any where to get advanced notice of whether a ride is going ahead or not say if it's been drizzling slightly? also i've only been able to manage an average of 20kph on my hardtail mtb over 80kms so far so am i going to be left behind by all the road bikers? still i'm gonna have to get up a lot earlier to catch this lol.
The slower group average approx 28/30 kph.Generally the riders ride road bikes for both the store rides. I am sure if you give the store a tingle they will advise further.Tim

Schmenz

Postby Schmenz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:55 pm

i can only manage 20kms / hr as well so i guess that rules me out :( although it depends on the terrain i guess.
Newbie to the cycling world.
2011 Giant TCR Advanced W
http://www.sea2summit2011.blogspot.com

Postby 93360 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:01 pm

Schmenz wrote:i can only manage 20kms / hr as well so i guess that rules me out :( although it depends on the terrain i guess.
yeah generally it's the hills on my routes that slow me down (big surprise) but if it was all flat I think i could manage about 30kph..

Schmenz

Postby Schmenz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:05 pm

93360 wrote:
Schmenz wrote:i can only manage 20kms / hr as well so i guess that rules me out :( although it depends on the terrain i guess.
yeah generally it's the hills on my routes that slow me down (big surprise) but if it was all flat I think i could manage about 30kph..
yup same. i usually ride hills tho. i did sea 2 summit with an average of 22km/hr until jindabyne and then 19.7 at the end with the extra 2.5 hrs of hills!
Newbie to the cycling world.
2011 Giant TCR Advanced W
http://www.sea2summit2011.blogspot.com

TimW

Postby TimW » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Not hard as far as terrain goes, quite flat actually,actual speed depends on the group of the day as well, its a good group ride, the slower one being a bit more chatty than the faster one :D

cagou67

Postby cagou67 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:12 pm

I've done the slower group ride a few times and averaged anywhere from 26-31kmh. It's a pretty flat route with a couple of hills at the end but nothing too strenuous. Speed depends on the number of people riding and generally if there are new people on the ride the tempo is usually slower to keep everyone together. As Tim pointed out though everyone is on road bikes or flat bars. you can always try it out and see how you go.
Patrick

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:07 am

Just a bump, I did this today with the slower group and it was pretty good. Even the huge pothole of doom (according to everyone but me LOL) wasn't too bad. We must have been doing 45+ kmh going down the hill so it was only a small bunnyhop, which I didn't quite make LOL pinched the back tube, which died as I stood up from my coffee post ride. The ride at 5:45 to the shop down Sunnyholt/Blacktown Rd/Windsor was pretty good too, really good warmup for 14 km.

I think they figured I was a bit of a shark with the steel Kona with disc brakes and the trunk bag on the bag, but I'm commuting 42km 3-4 times a week lately and I normally ride as fast as my legs will let me. My apologies to the group, I broke ranks a few times because I'm used to cranking down the hills as quick as possible, I'm not afraid of cars, and the old big ring just wasn't getting enough work :mrgreen: I think I might throw bricks in the bag next time, but after the pinch it occurs to me that I'm not necessarily good enough with my roadcraft to deal with an extra 5 kg in the boot :lol:

If you want to go for a bunch ride, you'll do well to get out there and have a crack. Very friendly, and if you want to feel like you're in the Tour you'll definitely feel like you're part of the Trek team with all the logos about 8)