another buyer beware

blompod

another buyer beware

Postby blompod » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Gave this con man 2500 dollars for a load of junk that kept failing time and time again literary from day one, It was just heart breaking losing so much money so when I asked for a refund as the kit never worked properly the text I got back was and I quote "sell it on ebay mate we're done" one day these people are going to ripoff the wrong person and end up very seriously injured. Anyway heres the link his website http://www.edealsbargains.com.au/page7.php

dynamictiger

Re: another buyer beware

Postby dynamictiger » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:04 pm

You do not have to put up with this response(most likely).

Refer to the ACCC website for consumer laws. They changed in January and you are entitled to a 100% refund if you purchase a lemon after this date. If you need any assistance let me know via pm and I will walk you through the process no matter how bad the relationship is. I have succeeded many times in getting money back and do not take sh.. from anyone.

the grid

Postby the grid » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:06 pm

Thanks OP for the heads up. So you would advise not using edealsbargains.com.au?

blompod

Postby blompod » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:53 pm

the grid <language removed> I advise not using them, thanks dynamictiger I PMed you :)

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Sorry to hear. I did read up on those new law changes after having a declining health HDD effectively D.O.A. in a notebook from a Harvey Norman store.
Because it was a clearance model I chose not to get e refund as a lemon, because there weren't any equivalent replacements in the new models at that price, so I went through the well established brand warranty/service system which was smooth.

I'd add to buyer beware to look at the quality of the website as a hint. Not saying that slick websites don't hide bad businesses (had a local dog groomer like that, great website, terrible dog grooming!) but it's one sign of professionalism, or lack of.

This bad edealsbargains.com.au site with retina burning red on a pastel blue shade glaringly said to my hurting eyes "amateur business, beware".
Akin to the poor eLation website (that has since folded leaving people like you where you're at now) coincidentally selling the same style of kit that is more mechanically complicated than other e-bikes... so especially needs support for cheap manufacturing with weak links that need to be ironed out with good service (which eLation had some reports of doing at least).

You have to help yourself with a head start when forking out $2500 on bleeding edge consumerism from people who may be nothing more than an importer.
Flew Electric of http://www.flewelectric.com/ is a good example of that type, with less of a clue about the bikes he's selling than anyone who's owned or ridden an e-bike.
Do a bit of homework, find out the warranty, details of testimonials from people who have had problems (inevitable), and how they have been resolved (or not).

Good luck pursuing it, some people really do need a kick squarrr in the nooots.

From http://www.edealsbargains.com.au/page9.php point 3 is interesting, if you had an accident as a result of the lemon failure they expect a brand new bike back, and offer no warranty on any of the bicycles they fit their kits to lol =P
Refunds Policy:
1. We DONOT refund for change of mind in any case (choose carfefully)
2. We offer exchange if within 7 days of purchase date.
3. In cases where we do offer refund by law there will be a $45 admin handle fee and 15% restocking fee charged. Items MUST be returned in brand new perfect condition
4. All post costs and handle fees are NOT refundable in any case.
As an example of someone setting the standard above the 80th percentile of the crap in the e-bike world, look to this new franchise, based on a small business growing over the past few years. http://www.swiftbikes.com.au/ Matt of solarbike.com.au who is the main guy behind it aims for quality and when they fail provides good service and warranty. I recommended a friend recently because I could assure him for the 6 month warranty period if there's any problem, it will be quickly resolved.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:49 pm

Sorry that you learnt the hard way.

I think the Terms and Conditions quoted may not be legally-binding (i.e. they may try and get away with additional fees though in a court of law if challenged would have problems) and are a real tell-tail sign to be wary.

As a note I highly recommend sticking to the more well known brands and with a number of dedicated eBike shops popping up (with a variety of brands) it really makes sense to browse and learn.
Cycling is in my BNA

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:06 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Sorry that you learnt the hard way.

I think the Terms and Conditions quoted may not be legally-binding (i.e. they may try and get away with additional fees though in a court of law if challenged would have problems) and are a real tell-tail sign to be wary.
Quite right. There is so much in that page that is illegal to not only apply but to even state it in writing or verbally. If anyone cares to report the page to the Qld consumer body it will be taken down and more than likely also attract a decent fine. (After that the OP can return the compliment "mate, NOW we're done")

The whole page on warranty reeks of a slack operation by a buffoon in any case.

I alsno note a reference to conditions on some 1000 to 3000w motor. Are these supposed to be for general use on roads and paths? It looks likes some product is non-compliant.

Settling such matters seldom requires you to go the the expense of courts these days - there are appropriate mechanisms set up to settle disputes and to penalise arrant traders. Though I am not sure how well it works it you are not in the same state.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Time for him to learn the hard way. Draft a letter of demand, and take him to small claims court. Just the prospect of legal trouble is likely to get you a refund from shonks like this... but be prepared to go to court.

ozebikes

Postby ozebikes » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:29 am

This guy is still selling on Ebay, from the photos and listings it would appear he does not even have a bike set up to use/demo, all the photos appear to be generic "web" photos.

wraithrslib

Postby wraithrslib » Thu May 30, 2013 8:11 pm

Hmm not good!

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Thu May 30, 2013 10:34 pm

This is funky!
edealsbargains wrote:To prevent voiding of warranty please be aware of:
1. Please do not leave the electric bicycle or LiFePO4 battery system out in
the weather or ride in rain to avoid any water damage occurring.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Thu May 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Unfortunately the OP got pwned by the seller. :(

Those bikes aren't bikes, they're supermarket BSO's. You know the type: mountain bikes that say "not to be ridden off road" because they fall apart the first time you ride off a log drop.

The bikes you could buy at full retail for under $250 brand new from Big W. The rest of the kit you could buy for well less than a grand, lets call it $500.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but he saw you coming. Hopefully you have a sender's shipping address. I'd be involving Fair Trading for sure.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:51 pm

Ebay would be interested to hear if this is a dodgy retailer.

There will unfortunately and likely be less experienced buyers who may not know better, if we can protect these by removing the bad quality or dubious retailers, thats good karma.
Cycling is in my BNA