Perth/Currambine PSP-Cyclists critique of the infrastructure

Perth/Currambine PSP-Cyclists critique of the infrastructure

Postby rolandp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 am

This is for the Northerns to contribute to critique the Principle Shared Path (PSP) which goes up North from Perth.

Click on Perth to Burns Beach Rd PSP - Cyclists critique of the infrastructure Google Map and let me know what you think.

If you would like to provide additional items, let me know location including co-ordinates, description and if possible, link to a photograph. I do have items further north of Whitfords which I will be adding soon, just didn't get a chance to complete tonight.

I use iTouchMap which is an add-on to Google Maps to get the co-ordinate information.

The East and South sections will be also mapped, these things do take a little time, so please let me know if you can help and thanks for those who already have put up there hands. West already done here.
rolandp

by BNA » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:48 pm

BNA

Re: Perth/Currambine PSP-Cyclists critique of the infrastructure

Postby redned » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Roland,

Good work. You have covered all the spots where I exercise extreme caution on my Kingsley-West Perth commute.
I would add the steps and ramp to Glendalough station, similar problem to the obscured ramp to Warwick station.

The Stirling-Telford Cres footbridge over the freeway, even though there is a bicycle sign with an arrow pointing to Osborne Park, is not actually a shared path. Confused signage.

regards
redned

Postby uglybob » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:54 pm

I agree with the Glendalough station issue - my first time riding it I wasn't quite sure where it all goes, and if you need to cross over Powis st etc & head down the side, or take the U bridge over the freeway and turn :?
uglybob

Postby rolandp » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:35 am

Thanks Redned and uglybob, Perth to Burns Beach Rd PSP - Cyclists critique of the infrastructure Google Map has been updated to reflect these items.

Also added additional items further north, would anyone like to quess how many times the PSP starts or finishes around Twickenham Drive, Woodvale? Only six times.

Keep these items rolling in.
rolandp

Re: Perth/Currambine PSP-Cyclists critique of the infrastruc

Postby Mububban » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:18 pm

Ha, nice list. I've just started commuting from Greenwood to Karrinyup, so I use the bike paths from Warwick Rd to Karrinyup Rd. That Gribble Rd setup is a joke, luckily it is mostly a quiet back street. And I pucker up a little bit each day going fro the path onto Excalibur Way, I always slow down but I keep waiting to get cleaned up one day...
Mububban

Re: Perth/Currambine PSP-Cyclists critique of the infrastruc

Postby bianchi928 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi Roland,

Thank you for this and rest of the work you do.

I commute from Heathridge to the city and would like to reitterate the concerns and dangers in the Hutton street/Freeway crossing and the requiremernt to run the gauntlett as close the lights changing as possible. Incredibly dangerous.

Rather than just whinge I always look to contribute soemthing positive or a solution and in this case, short of buidling a bridge I cannot think of any options other than maybe something to do with lights/signals and timing (a green man to cross on would be good start).

Cheers
Stand on my dog I cut off your head
bianchi928

Return to Western Australia