O my dog! Restorers dream!!

kukamunga

O my dog! Restorers dream!!

Postby kukamunga » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Wow! Look at my latest hard rubbish pick-up today. Not sure what 'marque' it is yet, as the previous owner has cleverly disguised it's true identity with discreetly placed duct tape (which also protects the paint, preserving it's resale value) so as to deter bike thieves :roll: Hmmm.... Wonder what NDA means?

Now, where should I start? Some 'Kill-Rust' perhaps? A wire brush? I might strip the components off and upgrade to more 'moderne' componentry. What do you think? Kid, you can have the old bits. Come to think of it, Steve, you can have the frame. All I really want are the memories! :lol: (EDIT: Though, that chainring would make a nice pentacle) :roll:

Also today, nearly picked up a Dragster with 3-spd Sturmey Archer T-bar shifter :) As I was unbolting the front wheel to fit it in the car, a ten year old boy raced up on his BMX and asked "You're not going to take that are you? I just came back to pick it up!" :evil:

After going over the dilemma in my head for over a minute (still hunched over front wheel with spanner in hand) I finally succumbed to back pain and my inner goodness and said "No. You take it son. But look after it. Those T-bar shifters are as rare as hen's teeth".

He looked at the bike in awe :shock: I wiped a tear from my eye :cry: How could I not let a ten year old boy experience the feeling of owning his first ever Dragster (even if it was a shitheap)? :wink:

I drove aimlessly around for two or three blocks, lamenting "When will I ever own my first real dragster?" when suddenly :idea: :!: "My camera! A photo!!" I drove around frantically looking for the boy wheeling his new pride and joy shitheap Dragster home so I could at least get a photo of it. But alas, he was not to be found :? DOH!

The moral of this story? You tell me...... :wink:

Kid_Carbine

Postby Kid_Carbine » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:38 am

Thanks for the offer, but I want only the high value items on this bike.
Can you send me the duct tape?
Carbine & SJH cycles, & Quicksilver BMX
Now that's AUSTRALIAN to the core.

kukamunga

Postby kukamunga » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:55 am

'No Duct Available' - that's it!!! :D Thanks Kid :wink:

cludence

Postby cludence » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:03 pm

No, its No Dragsters Available.

Santa must have run out of paper when wrapping it up for christmas so had to resort to duct tape.

Karen.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:16 pm

Kid_Carbine wrote:Thanks for the offer, but I want only the high value items on this bike.
Can you send me the duct tape?
:D :D
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

kukamunga

Postby kukamunga » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:28 pm

cludence wrote:No, its No Dragsters Available
Did you really have to remind me? Wahhhhh! :cry: