Avanti Bottom Bracket - Help

russ

Avanti Bottom Bracket - Help

Postby russ » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:41 pm

I have an Avanti - Vuelta Road Bike. I want to upgrade the cranks (and possibly the BB) to a carbon compact set. I have no idea if the the thread is english or italian. Does any one know ? :?:

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:05 pm

It's most likely an 'english' thread - particularly if it has Shimano components. Avanti is an Australian / NZ company that designs and assembles bikes from components sourced from major manufacturers.
Try http://www.avantibikes.com/home/home.aspx

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:35 am

I didn't realise Avanti were local. They're big for a local firm, so big I sort of guessed they were international. See, this forum is so good you learn something every day :D

Richard

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:57 am

peterrjleach wrote: Avanti is an Australian / NZ company that designs and assembles bikes from components sourced from major manufacturers.
I believe that it's actually a New Zealand company, hence their strong relationship with Sarah Ulmer and the 'Sarah Ulmer Brand' (sub) range.

tuco

Postby tuco » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:14 am

peterrjleach wrote:It's most likely an 'english' thread - particularly if it has Shimano components. Avanti is an Australian / NZ company that designs and assembles bikes from components sourced from major manufacturers.
Try http://www.avantibikes.com/home/home.aspx
Well bugger me, the bottom of their web site has contacts for Australia and New Zealand. I never noticed that. I assumed with a name like Avanti they were Italian.

I suppose it's like the Australian UNO clothes brand, they have to sound European to make sales in Europe since cycling is such a big past time there.