tubular tyres

marto1971

tubular tyres

Postby marto1971 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:45 pm

ok, just a quick question with regards to tubular tyres, my wife was in a triathlon on the weekend riding her planet x pro carbon 50/ 82 wheels with vittoria crono evo tyres when she got a flat 15k's from transitions, my question is, can you or is it worthwhile running a tyre sealant in the tubular tyres, i cannot find anything on the net, so im after someone who has tried it or you know someone who has, please tell me what you think

g_rock_rider

Re: tubular tyres

Postby g_rock_rider » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:32 pm

hey Marto, have a look on the vittoria website, Im almost certain they have a product called pitstop, its a tyre sealant from memory

jacks1071

Re: tubular tyres

Postby jacks1071 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:06 pm

marto1971 wrote:ok, just a quick question with regards to tubular tyres, my wife was in a triathlon on the weekend riding her planet x pro carbon 50/ 82 wheels with vittoria crono evo tyres when she got a flat 15k's from transitions, my question is, can you or is it worthwhile running a tyre sealant in the tubular tyres, i cannot find anything on the net, so im after someone who has tried it or you know someone who has, please tell me what you think
If you really want to punchure proof them, yes for sure its worth it. Make sure you use a sealant that won't dry up in the tube, something like this one: http://www.noflats.co.za/

Personally, I always carry a spare tyre - you can rip them off and replace in less than 2 minutes with practice. I am considering carrying a tin of the pit stop stuff instead as it'd be quicker but also keep in mind this will only seal a SMALL hole - a big cut and you are done whereas a replacement tyre will always get you going.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"