A competent bike shop in CBD or close to CBD

feral_in_oz

A competent bike shop in CBD or close to CBD

Postby feral_in_oz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:22 pm

First I wish to say a big thank you to the users of this forum the advice from you all have eased my mind a lot....BUT i am going to see if i can get a 3 speed sram hub installed before setting off on my tour can anyone direct me to a shop that can fit one of these hubs quickly...you may ask why dont i get it fitted here in Perth and the answer is simple, after ringing 9 bike shops to now avail...to hard, dont no, i would check and get back to you.....that is some of the answers....so please if you know a good shop that actually does do this install i will book it in .......thanks guys n gals. Feral.

}SkOrPn--7

Re: A competent bike shop in CBD or close to CBD

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Feral it's my opinion you will not get a SRAM 3 speed hub in Adelaide. I'm guessing your talking about a SRAM duel drive hub is that correct the one where a rear cassette is fitted? If my info is correct SRAM have stopped making them and I doubt you will find one in a hurry in Australia. Most bike shops have no clue what you are talking about with Duel Drive hubs and you owning a trike I also guess it has rear disk brakes and the SRAM Duel drive disk version is even harder to get. To purchase one in Adelaide Australia you will not get much change from $600.00 and being so close to Christmas you would be lucky to get it fitted at a bike shop let alone ordered in before next year.

If you have one in your hot little hand I would be happy to fit and lace the rim for you (free of course) to ensure your travels are not interrupted but I'm sorry to say you are not going to find one in Adelaide or Australia.

One other thing is the shifters and click box don't come with the HUb and need to be purchased as a separate item and you won't find a click box here in Australia.

If I can make a suggestion which would be about a 2 week wait for delivery plus a costly one is the link below. Fire them an email and see if they can help with your needs as you might not need the complete kit they offer and they do custom order/build.

http://www.utahtrikes.com/PRODINFO-SRAM ... l_Kit.html

http://www.utahtrikes.com/CAT-Internal%20Hubs.html

That's the best I can offer unless you give some more info about your trike set-up and specs/needs

Ricky

feral_in_oz

Postby feral_in_oz » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanks for that reply my Trike specs are as shown:Space Frame made from strong and lightweight Aluminium - Catrike lifetime frame warranty

Brakes: Avid BB5 Disc Brakes
Brake Levers: Avid FR5 Flat Pull Levers
Front Derailleur Microshift
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X7
Shifters: SRAM X7
Crankset: Truvativ Touro 165mm Triple
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ BB Power Spline
Chainrings: 30/42/52
Chainring Guard: Economy Guard
Cassette: SRAM PG 950 9-SPD 11-32
Chain: KMC X9
Idler: Standard
Headsets: Cane Creek
Front Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon
Rear Tyre: Schwalbe Marathon

Features & Accessories:
Adjustable Seat Back
Flag Mount & Flag
Rear View Mirror
Combination Platform/Clipless Pedals
Computer Sensor Mount
Brake Lever Velcro Strap for Parking
No Brake Steer
Self Centering
Ackerman Steering Compensation
Structural Front Boom
Quick-Release Indexing Boom Clamp
Aluminium Rod Ends
Low Friction PTFE Chain Tube

Note: Components may differ slightly depending on availability.

Total Length varies with boom / Total Width 35" (889 mm) / Total Height 27" (686 mm) - seat folded 21" (533 mm) / Bracket Height 14 1/2" (368 mm) / Seat Angle 35° to 55° (from horizontal) Seat Height 12 1/2" (318 mm) / Seat Width 14" (355 mm) / Wheel Base 34" (914 mm) / Wheel Track 31" (787 mm) / Turning Circle 14' (4.27 m) / Turning Radius 7' (2.14 m) / Ground Clearance 5 1/2" (140 mm) / Front Wheels 406 (20") /Rear Wheel 406 (20") / Weight 34 lbs (15 kg) / Rider Weight Limit 275 lbs (125
and i am in contact with a person that may be able to get one but wont know till 2 days before i am due to leave..Thanks ...feral

BRLVR.v2

Postby BRLVR.v2 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:21 pm

feral_in_oz wrote: and i am in contact with a person that may be able to get one but wont know till 2 days before i am due to leave..Thanks ...feral
Wow, thats cutting it fine.

Centrally located and more helpful than the chain type stores, http://www.bmcr.com.au/