Cycling Express - New online shop to compete with UK....

Ross

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby Ross » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:02 pm

I've emailed CE a few times and had a reply within minutes.

santacruzscott

Postby santacruzscott » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Ross wrote:I've emailed CE a few times and had a reply within minutes.

Same....

Sometimes at odd hours as well.

Just got another order from them today , been pretty happy with their service so far.
Have ordered from them 4 times(including a bike) , I think , and have only one minor problem , which they sorted straight away.

Have had a lot more trouble with Chain Reaction recently , missing parts/damaged parts.

coates_hbk

Postby coates_hbk » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Im hoping CE delve into triathlon side of things in the future, can never have enough 2xu gear etc

HarryCallahan

Postby HarryCallahan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Just watching Meet The Fockers now, the name Verite appears on a blackboard at the start.

Kenzo

Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK....

Postby Kenzo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 pm

HarryCallahan wrote:Just watching Meet The Fockers now, the name Verite appears on a blackboard at the start.
Google tells me: "Vérité is French for a genre of cinema, television and radio based on realism and naturalism. (noun)"

Interesting the movie's director chose to have that word in this farcical movie...

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:53 am

Has anyone been to the retail store ?

I'll be in Melb just befopre Xmas and want to get some shoes, so a good time to buy and try as we are staying not too far away (in Kew).

fattima

Postby fattima » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:25 am

I've been into the store in Bayswater, pretty good setup they have out there. The staff were very helpful on my visit.
It may pay to call them before you go out as they may not have all items in stock. From what I understand they tend to grab some items from suppliers when you order.

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:44 am

MichaelB wrote:Has anyone been to the retail store ?

I'll be in Melb just befopre Xmas and want to get some shoes, so a good time to buy and try as we are staying not too far away (in Kew).
Went in to get a helmet a while back as i didnt want to order online if it didn't fit and stuff around with returning it. The store prices are not the same as the online prices. I had to ask if I could get it at that price as I was gonna be charged a heap more so ended getting a few other things out of guilt. The helmet was the only thing i got at online price. Got no idea why this is because it took ages to get served and that was by a mechanic who was covered in grease rather than a sales assistant. Maybe I came at break time, who knows.

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 am

My first and only online order with these guys went as follows. Ordered about 6 things and qualified for free shipping, all went fine and was browsing the site following day and saw something else i wanted so phoned up to see if i could add it to the original order, guy on the phone says no worries just order as i did the day before. I replied how do i avoid getting charged postage by doing that? his reply was he would fix it up at his end. Included a message with the order that it was to go with another and could they reimburse for the extra shipping since the original order was yet to be packed (awaiting backorder, confirmed on phone, all items listed as in stock on site). About a 4 days later recieve email that order(s) have been shipped. Everything arrived in one box from one delivery driver yet I was still charged shipping for the second order (a very small bike computer). May only be $10 but its the fact i made the effort to call, be put on hold for 10minutes, passed off to somebody else who could look up an order, to not bother buying from again.

Bazza76d

Postby Bazza76d » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi All,

I have been following this thread for a while now and thought I would share my experience with CE, it was a few months ago to be honest.

My order was for a pair of Louis Garneau shoes, there was a discount voucher in their newsletter at the time which brought the shoes down to an awesome price. Anyway I log on select my size but voucher doesnt work so I ring the store. They fix immediately and the guy was very friendly and helpful, discussed sizes and said shoes were fantastic.

So I order the shoes, which indicate 5-7 days, I didn't realize that meant out of stock, guy made no mention on phone so I assumed all was sweet. Anyway quite a few days went past with no word what so ever. Being a frequent wiggle and pbk user I assumed I would have heard something so I send an email seeking an update. Receive one back saying something simaral too, we are glad you contacted us, we are still waiting on stock, we will despatch as soon as we receive them.

Several more days with no contact and then without warning shoes are delivered. The shoes are brilliant and the price was fantastic BUT CE really needs to improve its communication. I appreciate many people say pick up the phone but remember this is primarily an Internet based Company so most communication is online. I think wiggle, pbk & c r c have set the bar so high we expect the same from all.

Appreciate this is a new business and things are getting better but please correct the out of stock issue ie be clear & an email upon despatch is a must.

Sorry for the length of the email but wanted to be accurate. I will order from CE again when something takes my fancy.

Cheers
Baz
2012 S-Works Venge
2011 Fondriest R10

melbnut

Postby melbnut » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Well i made my first order monday.... needed to order something as an xmas present. Item was listed as ships 0-2 days. I thought great i will save myself $40 and order it today. Then taking 2days for them to box and send and another two days for post i will be ok for xmas.

I was concerned as i had not received anything saying it had been shipped... waited until today. Emailed asking if the item had been shipped. Received a fast reply stating that it had not been shipped, no info about why it was already 1 day outside of the stated dispatch time and no "oh we will ship it today"

TBH i am a little annoyed. If the site had said 3+ days i would have sucked it up and paid retail as its a xmas present. I am considering just buying it down the road and then sending it back if it gets here.

elStado

Postby elStado » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Well I bought a Limar helmet from them the other as it was on sale for a good price and I am in need for a replacement.

Anyway, the service was good. Checkout quick and painless. And I have received a notification email for each stage of the process (received/paid, packed, dispatched).

Should hopefully get it by tomorrow, but I am in no rush so it's not a problem if it arrives early next week.

So far so good.
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA

melbnut

Postby melbnut » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:52 pm

good to hear that your satisfied. I have received nothing besides the "you have paid" email.

elStado

Postby elStado » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:28 pm

melbnut wrote:good to hear that your satisfied. I have received nothing besides the "you have paid" email.
I go the paid email straight after making the order (19/12). And the packed email three days later (21/12 - 7am) and the send email a few hours after that (21/12 - 1:30pm).

Patience. If you just recently ordered consider that they are probably pretty busy at this time of year so these will be some slight delays. I don't mind waiting a couple of days as Wiggle et al do the same for any order. Often the order will take longer being processed and packaged than it does in actual transit.

elStado

Postby elStado » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:26 pm

elStado wrote:
melbnut wrote:good to hear that your satisfied. I have received nothing besides the "you have paid" email.
I go the paid email straight after making the order (19/12). And the packed email three days later (21/12 - 7am) and the send email a few hours after that (21/12 - 1:30pm).

Patience. If you just recently ordered consider that they are probably pretty busy at this time of year so these will be some slight delays. I don't mind waiting a couple of days as Wiggle et al do the same for any order. Often the order will take longer being processed and packaged than it does in actual transit.
Just received my Limar 104 helmet this morning. Delivery a little slower that I expected, but considering the time of year I will let it slide. Apparently was dispatched on 21/12 by CE, so the delay was really attributed to Australia Post. Pretty happy with CE and will be checking them in the future when making orders. I also noticed that the 104 helmet has gone back up to $130 which is crazy as I got mine just the other week for $70 delivered! Talk about good timing!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:04 pm

I got the same one... and just in time for Christmas. I had an OS order which was ordered a few days earlier however (I guess with the volumn of good underway) hasn't yet arrived - so a plus for the locals!
Cycling is in my BNA

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Any word on when/if CE is getting Garmin products? I just got a voucher and I need a new computer...

Crittski

Postby Crittski » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:26 pm

I asked for a price match on Michelin Optimum pro tyres weeks ago, but haven't heard anything from them... makes me nervous to order something from them.
Santa Cruz Blur TRc XTR
Volagi Liscio Ultegra

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:15 pm

There's no way they will ever compete with UK online bike shops. I selected some items and went to check out and they were both there then one disappeared and when I went back to re-select, it was out of stock. This is an appalling system and I've never had this happen ever with the UK online shops. They have lost me as a customer. Oh, and my Wiggle order made Friday night arrived this morning.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:39 am

biker jk wrote:There's no way they will ever compete with UK online bike shops. I selected some items and went to check out and they were both there then one disappeared and when I went back to re-select, it was out of stock. This is an appalling system and I've never had this happen ever with the UK online shops. They have lost me as a customer. Oh, and my Wiggle order made Friday night arrived this morning.
Just a thought, maybe you aren't the only customer CE have and in the (admittidly short) time between selecting the item and going to the checkout somebody else beat you to it.

I ordered a part from CE on 5th Jan, received an order confirmation email straight away and received another email on the 9th saying the part was dispatched. CE have done their part competently, it's up to AusPost now (or courier). Yes there were a few days between the order being placed and it being picked and dispatched but comparable with UK shops. I ordered some parts from c r c on the 9th December and it wasn't dispatched until the 14th December (only received last week but that's not the fault of c r c).

hannos

Postby hannos » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:53 am

biker jk wrote:There's no way they will ever compete with UK online bike shops. I selected some items and went to check out and they were both there then one disappeared and when I went back to re-select, it was out of stock. This is an appalling system and I've never had this happen ever with the UK online shops. They have lost me as a customer. Oh, and my Wiggle order made Friday night arrived this morning.

Oh No. How dare a new enterprise not be able to out-do an established OS online shop! :roll: :roll: :roll:

You sound like Veruca Salt...
2010 BMC SLC01

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:48 am

Happened to me with Wiggle. Others often have low stock or nil stock on a special range !!

CE are no different.

Have bought a few things from them, and happy to keep trying them.

steve-waters

Postby steve-waters » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:07 am

I selected some items and went to check out and they were both there then one disappeared and when I went back to re-select, it was out of stock. - click faster has happened to me before as well on Wiggle.

They can not set them aside in the system until you check out as that would tie up a huge amount of stock up in false sales or vapour sales - I could not count the amount of times I have filled a basket but not checked from any number of stores.

Still does not make it any less annoying though.
Roadie:Merida Scultura Team 2017 Lintaman shoes mid-foot SpeedPlays
MTB:TWE 29er, Fox Terralogic, XT, 3T and TWE wheels

MDL

Postby MDL » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:57 am

I will have a story to tell. Just have to wait for an answer back from CE first and will let you know.

MDL

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Ross wrote:
Just a thought, maybe you aren't the only customer CE have and in the (admittidly short) time between selecting the item and going to the checkout somebody else beat you to it.

I ordered a part from CE on 5th Jan, received an order confirmation email straight away and received another email on the 9th saying the part was dispatched. CE have done their part competently, it's up to AusPost now (or courier). Yes there were a few days between the order being placed and it being picked and dispatched but comparable with UK shops. I ordered some parts from c r c on the 9th December and it wasn't dispatched until the 14th December (only received last week but that's not the fault of c r c).
I was in the checkout. It listed two items I had selected with the $ total then a minute later one of the items was gone and the $ total reduced by that amount. I repeat, this has NEVER happened with the UK online shops.