How good was today for a great ride !!!

MichaelB

Re: How good was today for a great ride !!!

Postby MichaelB » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:51 am

Knowing my luck, weather will be great tonight - missus is out, so I'm housebound. Aim though is to do commute to work via Mt Lofty & Norton Summit tomorrow morning.

Hope you have a headwind tonight :twisted:

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:23 pm

MichaelB wrote:Knowing my luck, weather will be great tonight - missus is out, so I'm housebound. Aim though is to do commute to work via Mt Lofty & Norton Summit tomorrow morning.

Hope you have a headwind tonight :twisted:
Jealousy is a curse.................... :wink:
Certified Brand Snob

CliffG

Postby CliffG » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Daccordi Rider wrote:I raced up at Mt Torrens and it was damn windy.
......went round them all and got a pretty good gap with probably 600m to go. Head down and buried myself, hit the last rise hard and then a slight downhill to the finish. I could hear the sprint coming and was seriously in the red and just got pipped on the line. 1 lousy second! Still I won $10. 8)
Fantastic finish DR, very exciting. I was barracking for you all the way. With 10 bucks in the pocket you are now officially PRO.

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:02 pm

CliffG wrote:
Daccordi Rider wrote:I raced up at Mt Torrens and it was damn windy.
......went round them all and got a pretty good gap with probably 600m to go. Head down and buried myself, hit the last rise hard and then a slight downhill to the finish. I could hear the sprint coming and was seriously in the red and just got pipped on the line. 1 lousy second! Still I won $10. 8)
Fantastic finish DR, very exciting. I was barracking for you all the way. With 10 bucks in the pocket you are now officially PRO.
Cheers Cliff, might quit my day job, this amateur racing is pretty lucrative!
Certified Brand Snob

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:21 am

I wish this wind that we have been getting lately (especially for those that ride after work) would bugger off.

Almost turned home as I set off last night, but kept going as it was a tailwind for heading up to Greenhill Rd. It calmed down by the time I got there.

The conditions were good, if not a bit humid, but managed to beat my PB by 2:56, and is now at 28:37 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kept heading up to Mt Lofty, down EoH and then threw in Mt Osmond for a bit more climbing. Love it !!!