Sydney Cargo Bike Picnic and Family Friendly Ride

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:27 pm

For those who don't look at the wonderful news, reviews and articles at the top of the BNA forum page, here's something you may have missed:

Monday 21st November 2011 - David Halfpenny
Sydney is not quite Amsterdam in terms of cycle use, but if BIKESydney, The Watershed and the City of Sydney have anything to do with it, someday it will be. To help this to happen, a family friendly ride starting at Centennial Park and finishing at Sydney Park is scheduled for Sunday the 4th of December, 2011.

When you're cycling with a family, a cargo bike is a wonderful problem solver. Unfortunately, many Sydney cyclists aren't familiar with cargo bikes, so the organisers are keen to get as many cargo cycles joining the party as possible. To help people see the benefits of such utilitarian cycles, cargo bikes and trailers will be available to try out and plenty of regular cargo bike users will be there to chat to.

There'll be music, games, and prizes; and it's FREE! So get yourself and your family out to the Robertson Rd entrance of Centennial Park at 11 am for a day of cycling and family fun.

For more information visit BIKESydney. To prepare yourself for the day, why not check out BNA's reviews of some popular cargo cycles, the Zigo, the Dutch Cargo Bike and Bullit.

find_bruce

Re: Sydney Cargo Bike Picnic and Family Friendly Ride

Postby find_bruce » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Thanks David, as the father of a 6 month old I am looking at ways to keep cycling & to involve my partner so will try and make it to Sydney Park.
Anything you can do, I can do slower

Sydguy

Postby Sydguy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Can anyone report on how this went? I was at Sydney Park, the little one was on some play equipment, and before we could move along to see some bikes it pored rain.

This weather is cramping my weekend style! lol

So how did it go?

JM

ghop0man

Postby ghop0man » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:05 pm

It was great - good bunch of people - very welcoming - first time I have riden with the Bike Sydney people.

I rode in from Loftus with my BOB trailer - not many other trailers - but the range of cargo bikes was really interesting. The picnic idea was good and the area at Sydney Park was covered so the rain didn't really matter!