Marconi Crit at the Dragway this week.

For Roadies

Postby Nitram » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Did anyone hear how the bloke in red gear who crashed during the sprint in C-grade last night went as far as injuries go ? Man it didn't look at all pretty from two or three bike lengths behind- :( bike and body flying everywhere.
Hope he's OK.

Cheers,

Nitram
Nitram

by BNA » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:32 pm

BNA

Re: Marconi Crit at the Dragway this week.

Postby NotFlyingScot » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Nitram wrote:Did anyone hear how the bloke in red gear who crashed during the sprint in C-grade last night went as far as injuries go ? Man it didn't look at all pretty from two or three bike lengths behind- :( bike and body flying everywhere.
Hope he's OK.

Cheers,

Nitram

He seemed fine back at the sign on desk. Looked like just a bit of bark off the legs (but that may not have been the full story). I'm sure he was still stiff and sore this morning no matter how he looked.
FPR Jubilado Bludger
NotFlyingScot

Postby Nitram » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:38 pm

That's good. I had to nick off as soon as the race finished, and didn't get to see how he was. I had visions of broken collarbones and etc.
Ta
MD
Nitram

Postby rogan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Nitram wrote:Did anyone hear how the bloke in red gear who crashed during the sprint in C-grade last night went as far as injuries go ? Man it didn't look at all pretty from two or three bike lengths behind- :( bike and body flying everywhere.
Hope he's OK.

Cheers,

Nitram

You must have been near me. I was on the RHS, more towards the centre line. The initial crack sound, and then he seemed to fall quite slowly but tumbled terribly. Rider over bike, then bike over rider, and then what appeared to be a double high side, ie. rider over bike again. Those nearer to him were amazed only one went down. He appeared to give me a "not much I can do about this" look as I went past; he was still rolling and was sort of upside down at the time. My max, reached at the very instant he started to fall, was 55 and with 300 m to go plus tailwind I was still winding up. So he must have been going at least that fast.

Seems like every week there is a crash in the sprint in C Grade at WSID. I'm glad this guy appears OK, because it looked horrendous.
rogan

Postby MREJ » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:48 am

know the red rider and he is ok.
2011 Genesis Equilibrium 20, 2012 Felt F75, 2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL, 2014 Wabi Lightning SE
MREJ

Return to Road Biking