Maligned 3xl Jerseys ...

For Roadies

Maligned 3xl Jerseys ...

Postby rocksbrewer » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi there

New to the forum (G'day admins) and to riding.

Had alook at Cell/Torpedo 7/Wiggle and Ebay, umm as someone who is 105kg and 6'4" is it me or are the availability of anything passed 2XL jerseys an elusive species. I'm not much into the Team kit jerseys and also do not need to look liked a trussed leg of pork and have the jersey end up half way up my back after 2 meters. I also do not need to spend $150 on expensive brand names ... i'm not that into things yet.

So, is getting these sized jerseys like shoe stores that cater for wemon with big feet, in some obscure location where you need to be referred by someone with the same problem?

Scotty
rocksbrewer

by BNA » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:16 am

BNA

Re: Maligned 3xl Jerseys ...

Postby brawlo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:16 am

As someone who's 6'5" and 115kg, down from 140kg, you're only small!

It will of course depend on your build. If you've got a long torso, you will have problems full stop. As for jerseys, I've ordered a couple of sets from mupi and am definitely happy with their fit. They do a good 3xl. I also have a sprint designs jersey. They're local and therefore you tend to pay a bit more for them, but I think they go up to 6xl on some designs, and some of their designs can be cheaper.

From there there's the obligatory jerseys from the land of the large in the US. Love2pedal I think is one that is commonly referred to and go huge.

I also have a couple of uno jerseys but they are definitely on the smaller end of larger sizes. The elastic on the pockets of those jerseys has perished while cheaper jerseys of the same age are still going strong.

I'm sure there's heaps more, but that's my experience.
brawlo

Postby Rockford » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Rockford

Postby Davobel » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:40 pm

You can get some great jerseys from 'Prendas', just google them. I've bought up to 4XL from them, sale items to use as some casual shirts.
Davobel

Maligned 3xl Jerseys ...

Postby Dr_Mutley » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Another cheap Chinese site is samewood.com, who will do proper 3XLs or will custom make upto 5XL (I think?) if u contact them... At around $30 ea they are good value...
Dr_Mutley

Maligned 3xl Jerseys ...

Postby RonK » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:02 am

Davobel wrote:You can get some great jerseys from 'Prendas', just google them. I've bought up to 4XL from them, sale items to use as some casual shirts.

+1 Prendas

BicyclingHub.com also has large sizes.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
RonK

Postby Redbull » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:22 am

Davobel wrote:You can get some great jerseys from 'Prendas', just google them. I've bought up to 4XL from them, sale items to use as some casual shirts.

+2

193cm and 125kgs (thankfully lighter now) and I was wearing some of their big jerseys
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass
Redbull

Return to Road Biking