Perth weather

Baalzamon

Re: Perth weather

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Quite windy out by byford this morning. Just what I needed gusty easterly for a hills ride :roll: Good hill tho offered some protection :mrgreen:
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Baalzamon wrote:Quite windy out by byford this morning. Just what I needed gusty easterly for a hills ride :roll: Good hill tho offered some protection :mrgreen:
Spotted you bigman on the hill into Jarrahdale.

I was scooting back down the hill. It was bliss compared to pushing into the Easterly up hill.
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Ah were you in that group heading out of Jarrahdale as I was coming into it?

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:05 am

Yep - fat bloke on a white and black merida wearing a yellow jersey.

I saw the BNA jersey, then the bike and before it clicked in my head I had sailed past. Sorry.

Mind you it was a quick descent to the main road :twisted:

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:17 am

Redbull wrote:Yep - fat bloke on a white and black merida wearing a yellow jersey.

I saw the BNA jersey, then the bike and before it clicked in my head I had sailed past. Sorry.

Mind you it was a quick descent to the main road :twisted:
Last sat I clicked 81.8kph going down Jarrahdale Rd. Bet the car behind was suprised.

elStado

Postby elStado » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:27 am

Awful hot weather today. Tomorrow is looking to be worse. It's still 32 degrees right now in my house. FML.
Check out my practical cycling and cycle touring website: VELOPHILE AUSTRALIA

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Rode inside under the air con :) :)

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:25 am

C'mon, it was quite nice by about 4pm. Even a spot or two of rain. :)

blossy84

Postby blossy84 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:37 am

It's so hot I can't sleep. That and the noisy neighbours. I thought the temp might drop tonight compared to last night, but no sea breeze so that's not going to happen.
i love my bike(s)

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:47 am

It's called air con Erin :) slept like a baby :) Sorry had too. Agree nothing worse

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

blossy84

Postby blossy84 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:28 am

Marty Moose wrote:It's called air con Erin :) slept like a baby :) Sorry had too. Agree nothing worse

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk
:P :lol:

After we get through a summer I think that wasn't too bad we can wait on the air con (we've been doing renovations / landscaping for the past 2 years and air con wasn't a priority), but now the summer heat is back I'm changing my mind.
i love my bike(s)

elStado

Postby elStado » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:32 am

erin wrote:After we get through a summer I think that wasn't too bad we can wait on the air con (we've been doing renovations / landscaping for the past 2 years and air con wasn't a priority), but now the summer heat is back I'm changing my mind.
I hope those renovations included some good roof and wall insulation, a couple of whirlybirds in the roof, house/window shading and new double glaze windows?

A well designed house shouldn't need air-conditioning, even on a 37 degree day.

blossy84

Postby blossy84 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:51 pm

elStado wrote:
erin wrote:After we get through a summer I think that wasn't too bad we can wait on the air con (we've been doing renovations / landscaping for the past 2 years and air con wasn't a priority), but now the summer heat is back I'm changing my mind.
I hope those renovations included some good roof and wall insulation, a couple of whirlybirds in the roof, house/window shading and new double glaze windows?

A well designed house shouldn't need air-conditioning, even on a 37 degree day.
Roof installation yes, wall installation no. We put in a new patio at the back of the house to shade the back area and we put in block out blinds inside. Will be working on shading the front with a shade sail and then tinting the windows to keep out the heat.

A 37 degree day isn't too bad...if we get a seabreeze in (as we're near the coast). We can re-open the house when the sea breeze is in and all is OK thanks to natural air con. It's day like Wednesday / Thursday this week where you have two really hot days in a row and no seabreeze either night that it gets a bit hard to cool down.
i love my bike(s)

elStado

Postby elStado » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:04 pm

erin wrote:A 37 degree day isn't too bad...if we get a seabreeze in (as we're near the coast). We can re-open the house when the sea breeze is in and all is OK thanks to natural air con. It's day like Wednesday / Thursday this week where you have two really hot days in a row and no seabreeze either night that it gets a bit hard to cool down.
Tell me about it. I live in a western facing, 2-story townhouse which is good in some ways as we get the sun during winter and also the sea-breeze in summer, but the western side is completely exposed with only a few small trees and shubs on the ground level. The two main rooms are both upstairs on the western side so we basically get blasted by the hot afternoon sun from 12-7pm and then it takes the house 10 hours to cool down as it is all made of brick and has no shading. I half considered letting loose some bamboo in the back yard as that stuff grows up to 30cm a day, but it was going to be too much hassle as it is a rental. Last night it was still 33 degrees upstairs and that was with a bit of a breeze blowing in.

I went for a ride earlier this morning and although it was much cooler than yesterday the humidity was really getting to me. For some reason I have been getting an itchy rash on my chest and back after riding on hot and/or humid days, apparently it's some sort of allergic reaction, which is weird as I've never experienced it before and I lived up north for over 15 years where it is much hotter and more humid through the year than Perth.

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:24 am

Happy winter solstice everyone LOL

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................................................................

dino1969

Postby dino1969 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:16 am

Redbull wrote:Happy winter solstice everyone LOL

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................................................................
left home at 5h30 this morning, by the time i made it in to work i had to search for my toes [ouch!] but it beats getting into work looking like a drowned rat after all the rain! :D
"To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first." - William Shakespeare

Pravda

Postby Pravda » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:55 am

Made the mistake of leaving my bike outside last night and bidons were frozen solid this morning for my ride.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
2014 Canyon Aerode SLX
Puegeot Aneto 105
Kona Jake the Snake CX

embee8

Postby embee8 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:34 am

What about this morning!!! I don't have the best gloves and it took 36 mins for me to feel the tips of my fingers again :lol:

Checked BoM as soon as I got to work and temp at 07:00 was 2.1°C, with Apparent temp 0.0 °C !!!
Trek Domane 5.2
Giant CRX4

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm

dino1969 wrote:
Redbull wrote:Happy winter solstice everyone LOL

left home at 5h30 this morning, by the time i made it in to work i had to search for my toes [ouch!] but it beats getting into work looking like a drowned rat after all the rain! :D
Just your toes? Count yourself lucky. I usually have to find a lot more than that, usually about three or five times a trip. :lol:
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Found at the hard way that the front of bib shorts isn't all that wind/chill proof on cold mornings :oops: :oops:

I knew the feet and hands were cold!!

Rex

Postby Rex » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:44 am

I got a snapped chain yesterday morning leach hwy/freeway at 5:20am
Cheers for the 2 guys who stopped to help.

I got mild Hypothermia waiting for the Mrs to pick me up.
Not bothering with Connex links again.

Yagan

Perth weather

Postby Yagan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:26 am

I knew it was cold yesterday when I moved my car before I left and the windscreen was iced. Once I got over the first 10 minutes of tears rolling down the cheeks and the ears stopped stinging it was a nice ride. Pretty quiet out though. Not many riders out.

sim-o

Perth weather

Postby sim-o » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:35 am

For the Thursday morning ride, I couldn't find my overshoes and paid the price as a result. I got home and my toes and chest were unnaturally red :(. Toes were in pain for about 30 mins before finally thawing out in the shower.

Now I'm sick with a cold and can't ride at all this weekend :(.

I need to get one of those vests that keep the chest warm...
2011 Merida Ride 93
2012 Apollo MTB

Roxsta99

Postby Roxsta99 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:48 am

When will all you riders learn to throw a small hip flask down the front of the jersey filled to the brim with some lovely nectar to the brand of Wild turkey American honey and sip that baby all the way down the bike path of the freeway to warm those insides and keep the body insulated for the rest of the day...

CycleSnail

Postby CycleSnail » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Lucky escape - made it home tonight before the rain came in. Thank heavens for the rain - we need it, and also for the weather radar that gives us a chance to avoid it when we are riding bicycles
Support high quality cycling advocacy!