Tore the cleat from my shoe!

ozdavo

Tore the cleat from my shoe!

Postby ozdavo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Hit Nerang State Forest (Gold Coast), Wednesday arvo for a bit of fun and tore the cleat from my left shoe:

Shoes are an old pair of Cannondale (circa 2001) that have spent maybe 5 years packed away in a box, so I'm not too concerned, just a good reminder to check your equipment is serviceable.
Always looking for new rides & ride partners in SE QLD area

trailgumby

Re: Tore the cleat from my shoe!

Postby trailgumby » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:50 pm

That reminds me I'm probably up for a new pair.

Wading through mangroves and seaweed in a Pittwater bay with the Cannondale held over my head on the weekend didn't do the hack pair much good, and the race pair are way too slippery for that kind of adventuring. 10 years, even with breaks, ain't too bad for a pair of shoes.

Those Crank Bros cleats get ugly quickly, eh? Good pedals, though.

ozdavo

Postby ozdavo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:52 pm

trailgumby wrote:.... 10 years, even with breaks, ain't too bad for a pair of shoes.

Those Crank Bros cleats get ugly quickly, eh? Good pedals, though.
10 years is awesome, all considered. Pedals are Time ATAC actually, but also very good pedals.
Always looking for new rides & ride partners in SE QLD area

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:34 am

Solid effort! This is the first time i've heard of it happening to anyone else, at the 2010 freedom marathon near mullumbimby i had the cleat bolts on one shoe pull straight out (nothing like the damage you had) after stumbling from coming out of a gully in too high a gear. Much nashing of teeth and howls of why me, hopped back on and somehow managed to win by a second :D . That was a good day.

So what are you looking at to replace them? I can recommend Shimano m087s, nice but still cheap.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia