Congratulations Caleb

DaveOZ

Congratulations Caleb

Postby DaveOZ » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Watch this kid. He is a local and he has been working very hard.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/tee ... 1pkzh.html

vander

Re: Congratulations Caleb

Postby vander » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:51 pm

Was going to make a similar post in another forum. I saw him at Cronulla he looked very good! He is going places.

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:01 pm

17 years old. Just think back to what you were dong at 17.

Caleb spends all his spare time out riding the roads in around here and is a seriously good climber.

vander

Postby vander » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:53 pm

DaveOZ wrote:17 years old. Just think back to what you were dong at 17.

Caleb spends all his spare time out riding the roads in around here and is a seriously good climber.
Would not of picked him as a climber at all he is built like a powerful sprinter, and that is how he is winning races.

Hope he doesnt burn out. Do you know him personally? Or do you just see him out and about?

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:09 pm

I don't know him personally but I have seen him out on the road and met him in the LBS a few times. I dropped him on the bike path once too. :P

MREJ

Congratulations Caleb

Postby MREJ » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Agree - saw him at Cronulla and now two wins in 4 days - looks very promising
2016 S-Works Tarmac, 2014 Wabi Lightning SE, 2012 Felt F75, 2011 Genesis Equilibrium 20, ancient Avanti Pista track bike

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:53 pm

vander wrote: Would not of picked him as a climber at all he is built like a powerful sprinter, and that is how he is winning races.
It would just be a high power to weight wouldnt it? I dunno what he weighs but given he looks like he is 4ft tall I doubt its above 65kg?

He has some interesting dimensions, upper arms look short in comparison to the forearms. Bit like Cav and his little T-Rex arms,add some power to that natural head down bum up position and its no wonder they go fast! :lol:

Caleb Ewan (4) and Mark Renshaw (1) by norbography, on Flickr

I hope he dominates the sport for the next 15 years. Sounds like a level headed kid.

Only downside is no more flying under the radar. But that might just motivate him.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Congratulations Caleb

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:47 am

I was at the first two stages of the bay crits. Was impressed when he solo'd off the front on the hotdog circuit early in stage one, his sprint in damn tough conditions to take stage 2 impressed me even more. Nearly fell off my chair this afternoon when I saw he took out stage 4 as well. Have mentioned to a couple of friends over the last few days he could be one to keep an eye on.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:58 am

im_no_pro wrote:I was at the first two stages of the bay crits. Was impressed when he solo'd off the front on the hotdog circuit early in stage one, his sprint in damn tough conditions to take stage 2 impressed me even more. Nearly fell off my chair this afternoon when I saw he took out stage 4 as well. Have mentioned to a couple of friends over the last few days he could be one to keep an eye on.
I was even more impressed when watching SBS the other night that he crashed heavily in a pre-christmas crit at Heffron and cracked a tooth. Obviously recovered well !!!!

If only he'd done better in the 1st stage, might have won overall ......

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:30 am

DaveOZ wrote:17 years old. Just think back to what you were dong at 17.
incredible - what a future. i think back to what i was doing then but it's unprintable :)

Ribz

Postby Ribz » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:06 pm

His legs are impressive for 17 yo.
I shall continue to wear my jeans after viewing this page!!!

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:26 am

im_no_pro wrote:I was at the first two stages of the bay crits. Was impressed when he solo'd off the front on the hotdog circuit early in stage one, his sprint in damn tough conditions to take stage 2 impressed me even more. Nearly fell off my chair this afternoon when I saw he took out stage 4 as well. Have mentioned to a couple of friends over the last few days he could be one to keep an eye on.
Was at stage 1 and had the same opinion. Went along to stage 4 but couldnt get a decent possie near the finish line so stood on the corner of the 2nd last turn. Just off the top of my head his team mates were all out by about the halfway point and GreenEdge and the their B team had about 5 of the first 6 or 7 spots with about 10 laps to go, Caleb would of been about 10th and on the move. Got to 3rd with about 3 laps to go and stayed 3rd wheel into the last corner. From what i could hear and read out-sprinted them to the line.