Great ride today, despite being almost a disaster

Jinger

Great ride today, despite being almost a disaster

Postby Jinger » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:08 pm

I made a topic a while ago about which road bike to get for a first one, and have had my road bike for neraly a month now, and despite the huge enjoyment I get out of it, especially since its school holidays and I haven't got much else to do. However, I swear I have beeen cursed since buying it as I have had one major crash, and a couple of minor falls to the right, bending back derailleur hanger has been bent and repaired 3 times now. Just when I thought everything was going to be ok, misfortune waved it's wand at me again today...

Today me and a friend rode to Richmond before doing Grasstree Hill (hard as ride especially when you haven't ridden much) and we were riding back to Hobart on the way home, when I got a flat tyre near Lindisfarne, I cursed myself for taking out my repair kit as the night before I had packed it to tke it but for some stupid reason I decided to remove it this morning. I thought I would be doomed to walk my bike back over the bridge to town, but we were lucky enough to meet a fellow road cyclist who was kind enough to give me his inner tube and help me fix my tyre :D

Point of the topic: I simply wanted to share my experiences in my first few weeks of road cycling. I love it and despite the many accidents, they haven't dampened my enjoyment of the sport

Gordo

Re: Great ride today, despite being almost a disaster

Postby Gordo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:25 pm

The thing i remember most when I first got a roadie was coming to a stop and forgetting i was clipped in, and over i'd go. This usually happened somewhere very public with plenty of people around.

also done the, 'awww stuff it i wont need that spare tube today' thing. learnt the hard way

bazsand

Postby bazsand » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Gordo wrote: also done the, 'awww stuff it i wont need that spare tube today' thing. learnt the hard way
Yep been there too..........
Felt AR2

R12RT

Postby R12RT » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Murphy's Law says that the time you leave your spare tube behind is the time you are going to need it.... :|
John Beaven
2010 Malvern Star Oppy C6
2014 Giant Propel Advanced 1