Noosa

buster

Noosa

Postby buster » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi Team
I'm coming to Noosa on Monday 9 Jan for about a week.
Is there any nice cruisey single track to be had?
Not really into mountain climbing at the moment as I'm very un-bike fit.

ldrcycles

Re: Noosa

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Not that i'm aware of but there are a lot of mtb tracks that i don't know about. Most riding in Noosa is based around Tinbeerwah, and most of the trails in there are fairly technical with a bit of climbing. Hopefully someone who knows more will be able to help.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

buster

Postby buster » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've had a look on Google maps. Will have a poke around there this coming week.
Do you know of a staging point around Tinbeerwah?

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:08 pm

I usually park at the bottom of Gyndier Drive (which is closed to traffic, very popular with walkers, cyclists (i often do hill repeats there on the roady) and longboarders) and ride up to the hill climb start line. There's a trail off to the left side, i follow that up 100 metres or so to a y junction and go left, that takes you to a green National Parks sign after a few hundred metres, you can either go left or right there, either will take you down to the Wooroi car park, which is opposite the Carramar Aged Care place. From there it's just a few hundred metres on the road back to Gyndier Drive, doing that 4 or 5 times after work is a good way to unwind :-). The climbing on that loop is limited and not steep. There is a trail that goes off from turn 10 on Gyndier drive (all the corners are numbered) which goes back to the start line, but be aware it is very technical. You can also take a trail up the hill from the inside of turn 10, it follows the top of the ridge, parallel to Sunrise Rd and there are a few trails that go off to the left, back down the hill. They are all VERY technical, one in particular has some big jumps that i ALWAYS roll.

For the life of me i don't know why i didn't say this in my first post, but pop in to Cognition Bikes on St Andrews Drive in Tewantin, they are all very keen riders, sponsor a number of local riders and know the local trails like the back of their hands. They are always really helpful, and a night ride leaves from the shop every wednesday at 6pm.

Took me a little while to find it, but here is a map of the area, it's a pretty good guide, especially if you can print it out and take it to Cognition, they will be able to make it clearer for you.
http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/add ... rack12.pdf
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

buster

Postby buster » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks, that looks great. Exactly what I was after.
Will hit it a few times next week.