Overcoming fatigue

Ken Ho

Re: Overcoming fatigue

Postby Ken Ho » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:23 am

^^^^^
I'm trying to ignore the chum in the water lately, but diagnosing "diverticulosis" here is really quite hilarious, and that does need to be pointed out.
Why not throw in Ewing's tumor and a blocked Canal of Schlem while you are at it ?
Sometimes it really is as simple as, not yet conditioned to the ride.
You have officially become your parents.

gcouyant

Postby gcouyant » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:22 am

Ken Ho wrote:^^^^^
I'm trying to ignore the chum in the water lately, but diagnosing "diverticulosis" here is really quite hilarious, and that does need to be pointed out.
Why not throw in Ewing's tumor and a blocked Canal of Schlem while you are at it ?
Ken the message with the relevant information was edited out and it would be innapropriate to make fun of the reasons why sunnies took it off. You don't have the symptoms sunnies has by not being "conditioned to the ride". Let's respect the op and resist turning this into a hate thread.

We are all cyclists here - respect.
George from iSi Advanced Bicycle Carrier Systems

Ken Ho

Postby Ken Ho » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:28 pm

gcouyant wrote:
Ken Ho wrote:^^^^^
Ken the message with the relevant information was edited out and it would be innapropriate to make fun of the reasons why sunnies took it off. You don't have the symptoms sunnies has by not being "conditioned to the ride". Let's respect the op and resist turning this into a hate thread.

We are all cyclists here - respect.
Ok, just did not see a post that could support that conclusion, given that diverticulosis is a structural condition, which would require at least physical examination, if not significant investigation. Very unusual in a 29 year old too, though not impossible.
Ths op was all about physical conditioning. Sometimes I abbreviate to avoid long winded sentences.
No hate, just bemusement. Clearly you had more info.
Soy protein, though, is poorly digested, as you indicate by noting the likely resulting flatus, and not really superior to un-processed protein sources.
You have officially become your parents.

gcouyant

Postby gcouyant » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:26 am

Ken Ho wrote:Soy protein, though, is poorly digested, as you indicate by noting the likely resulting flatus, and not really superior to un-processed protein sources.
The thing with soy protein over whey based proteins found in most recovery or activity supplements is that it doesn't produce any ammonia byproduct and should assist with the migraine issues after exercise. I personally normally use soy based during exercise but whey based after. Whey based is absorbed quickly and the byproducts that hinder muscle function don't really matter then. That's usually followed by as much unprocessed protein from lean meats as I can get down my throat. Mind you, we're talking 10hrs in the saddle where you need to get up and do it all over again the next day. Of course, there's a lot of carb and unprocessed sources of vitamins and minerals consumed as well.

Alas though, huge gas is often a problem. During the Simpson desert race my support crew would lay out the shade and stuff to lie on, throw food at me and then run away. Mind you, those who did it right with nutrition and rest would get up the next day or next stage feeling stronger than the day before.
George from iSi Advanced Bicycle Carrier Systems

Rex

Postby Rex » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:47 pm

I've recently got myself some compression clothing for recovery of my legs, has worked wonders for me. Has greatly minimised cramping at night also.

Of course this won't help general body fatigue.

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:04 am

I use compression tights occassionally but I'm not sure that they have a benefit for me. They seem to treat the symptoms but not the disease. They seem to make my legs feel less tired but below the surface they are still tired. I'm probably not explaining this very well.

Addictr3

Postby Addictr3 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Ross wrote:I use compression tights occassionally but I'm not sure that they have a benefit for me. They seem to treat the symptoms but not the disease. They seem to make my legs feel less tired but below the surface they are still tired. I'm probably not explaining this very well.
I know what your saying exactly, which is what the companies want you to feel, or experience.

Good read for all those using them now though; http://www.amateurendurance.com/injury- ... s-fiction/
If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:50 am

Thanks Addictr3, that article you linked seems to agree with what I was saying regarding the compression tights.

J Quinton

Postby J Quinton » Fri May 11, 2012 9:28 pm

"It doesn't get easier, you just go faster" Lemond